FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Kernel

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-21-2008, 07:11 AM
Ian Campbell
 
Default Upstream patch to fix Xen virtual framebuffer

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 07:11 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> once it is committed I intend to add it to the Debian kernel

The sid branch I mean...
--
Ian Campbell

His heart was yours from the first moment that you met.
 
Old 08-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Bastian Blank
 
Default Upstream patch to fix Xen virtual framebuffer

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 07:11:31AM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> A fix (http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=121925882522748&w=2) has been
> submitted and is currently between akpm and Linus once it is committed I
> intend to add it to the Debian kernel. Hopefully it will find it's way
> into a subsequent stable update at some point but I don't want to wait
> for that right now.

A reason why you can't use the stable kernel updates?

Bastian

--
We Klingons believe as you do -- the sick should die. Only the strong
should live.
-- Kras, "Friday's Child", stardate 3497.2


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 08-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Ian Campbell
 
Default Upstream patch to fix Xen virtual framebuffer

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 10:03 +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 07:11:31AM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > A fix (http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=121925882522748&w=2) has been
> > submitted and is currently between akpm and Linus once it is committed I
> > intend to add it to the Debian kernel. Hopefully it will find it's way
> > into a subsequent stable update at some point but I don't want to wait
> > for that right now.
>
> A reason why you can't use the stable kernel updates?

I wasn't sure how long they would be in coming -- I could wait if that
is preferred but it makes it hard to work on graphical installer for Xen
in the meantime (which I'm not sure could go in now anyway so perhaps
it's a moot point)

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell

A diplomat's life consists of three things: protocol, Geritol, and
alcohol.
-- Adlai Stevenson


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 08-22-2008, 05:46 PM
maximilian attems
 
Default Upstream patch to fix Xen virtual framebuffer

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, Ian Campbell wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 10:03 +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 07:11:31AM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > > A fix (http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=121925882522748&w=2) has been
> > > submitted and is currently between akpm and Linus once it is committed I
> > > intend to add it to the Debian kernel. Hopefully it will find it's way
> > > into a subsequent stable update at some point but I don't want to wait
> > > for that right now.
> >
> > A reason why you can't use the stable kernel updates?
>
> I wasn't sure how long they would be in coming -- I could wait if that
> is preferred but it makes it hard to work on graphical installer for Xen
> in the meantime (which I'm not sure could go in now anyway so perhaps
> it's a moot point)

as the fix is upstream and localised, there is no reason not to add
it directly to the sid branch as you are the xen maintainer.

--
maks


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 08-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Ian Campbell
 
Default Upstream patch to fix Xen virtual framebuffer

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 19:46 +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, Ian Campbell wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 10:03 +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > > On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 07:11:31AM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > > > A fix (http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=121925882522748&w=2) has been
> > > > submitted and is currently between akpm and Linus once it is committed I
> > > > intend to add it to the Debian kernel. Hopefully it will find it's way
> > > > into a subsequent stable update at some point but I don't want to wait
> > > > for that right now.
> > >
> > > A reason why you can't use the stable kernel updates?
> >
> > I wasn't sure how long they would be in coming -- I could wait if that
> > is preferred but it makes it hard to work on graphical installer for Xen
> > in the meantime (which I'm not sure could go in now anyway so perhaps
> > it's a moot point)
>
> as the fix is upstream and localised, there is no reason not to add
> it directly to the sid branch as you are the xen maintainer.

I'll do that then, I wasn't going to bother if there was a new stable
release ASAP with it in but it seems it'll be at least a few days.

The fix is in 27-rc4 so I won't bother with trunk.

Ian.
--
Ian Campbell

I *like* the chicken
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:56 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org