FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Kernel

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Jeff Green
 
Default Bug#490694: linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc: OOPS on startup after upgrade 2.6.25-2-powerpc

Package: linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc
Version: 2.6.25-6
Severity: grave
Justification: renders package unusable


Here's the OOPS data that I wrote down:

NIP: c013abac LR: c013af18 CTR: 00000000
REGS: e7841c(e?)50 TRAP: 0200 Not tainted
MSR: 00049030 <EE,ME,IR,DR> CR: 84000022 XER: 20000000

TASK: e783f4a0[1] 'swapper' THREAD: e7840000

GPR00: 00000000 e7841d00 e783f4a0 e9040000
00020000 000005a9 fc646000 fffc0000
GPR08: 00000000 e9040001 e9040000 e785817c
28000042 00000000 00000000 00000000
GPR16: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
00000000 0170e500 41400000 00000000
GPR24: 00000000 e78ed000 e785b400 e785b628
e7841d38 e785b400 e78ed308 e9040000

NIP [c013abac]
LR [c013af18]

Call Trace:

[e7841d00] [c013aef0] pci_map_rom
[e7841d30] [c02a01c0] 0xc02a01c0
[e7841e60] [c0139228] pci_device
[e7841e80] [c01d4474] driver_probe_device
[e7841ea0] [c01d46b8] _driver_attach
[e7841ec0] [c01d35c0] bus_for_each_dev
[e7841ef0] [c01d425c] driver_attach
[e7841f00] [c01d3fc8] bus_add_driver
[e7841f20] [c01d49ac] driver_register
[e7841f40] [c0139474] _pci_register_driver
[e7841f60] [c02a0f98] 0xc02a0f98
[e7841f80] [c036b1b8] kernel_init
[e7841ff0] [c0013620] kernel_thread

Instruction dump:

4c800020 7c6a1b78 7c0004ac 880a0000
0c000000 4c00012c 5400063e 392a0001
2f800055 409e00f4 7c0004ac 880a0001
<0c000000> 4c00012c 5400063e 392a0018

end trace 97996e90be8a1237

Kernel Panic - not syncing: Attempt to kill init

.................end of kernel msg.............

I have the numbers written down so if there is a question
regarding one of them, then please inquire and I can check it.
Also, I can reboot and recreate the OOPS. It does it every time.

-- Package-specific info:

-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
Architecture: powerpc (ppc)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.24-1-powerpc
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C (charmap=ANSI_X3.4-1968)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash

Versions of packages linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc depends on:
ii debconf [debconf-2.0] 1.5.22 Debian configuration management sy
ii initramfs-tools [linux-initra 0.92e tools for generating an initramfs
ii module-init-tools 3.4-1 tools for managing Linux kernel mo

linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc recommends no packages.

-- debconf information:
shared/kernel-image/really-run-bootloader: true
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/preinst/lilo-initrd-2.6.25-2-powerpc: true
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/postinst/bootloader-test-error-2.6.25-2-powerpc:
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/preinst/abort-install-2.6.25-2-powerpc:
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/preinst/elilo-initrd-2.6.25-2-powerpc: true
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/preinst/lilo-has-ramdisk:
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/preinst/initrd-2.6.25-2-powerpc:
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/postinst/old-system-map-link-2.6.25-2-powerpc: true
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/preinst/overwriting-modules-2.6.25-2-powerpc: true
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/postinst/depmod-error-initrd-2.6.25-2-powerpc: false
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/preinst/bootloader-initrd-2.6.25-2-powerpc: true
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/postinst/kimage-is-a-directory:
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/postinst/depmod-error-2.6.25-2-powerpc: false
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/postinst/bootloader-error-2.6.25-2-powerpc:
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/preinst/abort-overwrite-2.6.25-2-powerpc:
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/postinst/old-dir-initrd-link-2.6.25-2-powerpc: true
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/prerm/would-invalidate-boot-loader-2.6.25-2-powerpc: true
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/postinst/create-kimage-link-2.6.25-2-powerpc: true
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/preinst/failed-to-move-modules-2.6.25-2-powerpc:
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/prerm/removing-running-kernel-2.6.25-2-powerpc: true
linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc/postinst/old-initrd-link-2.6.25-2-powerpc: true



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 07-13-2008, 06:33 PM
maximilian attems
 
Default Bug#490694: linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc: OOPS on startup after upgrade 2.6.25-2-powerpc

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 01:56:34PM -0400, Jeff Green wrote:
> Package: linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc
> Version: 2.6.25-6
> Severity: grave
> Justification: renders package unusable
>
>
> Here's the OOPS data that I wrote down:
>
> NIP: c013abac LR: c013af18 CTR: 00000000
> REGS: e7841c(e?)50 TRAP: 0200 Not tainted
> MSR: 00049030 <EE,ME,IR,DR> CR: 84000022 XER: 20000000
>
> TASK: e783f4a0[1] 'swapper' THREAD: e7840000
>
> GPR00: 00000000 e7841d00 e783f4a0 e9040000
> 00020000 000005a9 fc646000 fffc0000
> GPR08: 00000000 e9040001 e9040000 e785817c
> 28000042 00000000 00000000 00000000
> GPR16: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
> 00000000 0170e500 41400000 00000000
> GPR24: 00000000 e78ed000 e785b400 e785b628
> e7841d38 e785b400 e78ed308 e9040000
>
> NIP [c013abac]
> LR [c013af18]
>
> Call Trace:
>
> [e7841d00] [c013aef0] pci_map_rom
> [e7841d30] [c02a01c0] 0xc02a01c0
> [e7841e60] [c0139228] pci_device
> [e7841e80] [c01d4474] driver_probe_device
> [e7841ea0] [c01d46b8] _driver_attach
> [e7841ec0] [c01d35c0] bus_for_each_dev
> [e7841ef0] [c01d425c] driver_attach
> [e7841f00] [c01d3fc8] bus_add_driver
> [e7841f20] [c01d49ac] driver_register
> [e7841f40] [c0139474] _pci_register_driver
> [e7841f60] [c02a0f98] 0xc02a0f98
> [e7841f80] [c036b1b8] kernel_init
> [e7841ff0] [c0013620] kernel_thread

can you please try out 2.6.26-rc9 it has pci fixes,
see trunk apt lines
-> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel

kind regards

--
maks



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 07-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Bastian Blank
 
Default Bug#490694: linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc: OOPS on startup after upgrade 2.6.25-2-powerpc

severity 490694 important
thanks

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 01:56:34PM -0400, Jeff Green wrote:
> Severity: grave
> Justification: renders package unusable

You forgot the magic words "for everyone". As this is unlikely, this
severity is overstated.

> NIP: c013abac LR: c013af18 CTR: 00000000

c013abac is pci_get_rom_size. c013af18 is pci_map_rom.

> I have the numbers written down so if there is a question
> regarding one of them, then please inquire and I can check it.
> Also, I can reboot and recreate the OOPS. It does it every time.

Can you please check that with 2.6.26-rcX? The release of 2.6.26 is
immanent and we don't intent to fix things on the 2.6.25 kernel. See
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel for furthe informations.

Bastian

--
Most legends have their basis in facts.
-- Kirk, "And The Children Shall Lead", stardate 5029.5



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 07-14-2008, 01:42 PM
"Jeffrey B. Green"
 
Default Bug#490694: linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc: OOPS on startup after upgrade 2.6.25-2-powerpc

maximilian attems wrote:

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 01:56:34PM -0400, Jeff Green wrote:


Package: linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc
Version: 2.6.25-6
... snip ...



can you please try out 2.6.26-rc9 it has pci fixes,
see trunk apt lines
-> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel


No cigar, I got an OOPS with that build too. Let me know what info from
that OOPS that you want. It is quicker to reboot two times than it is to
copy the complete info.


-jeff



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 12-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Moritz Muehlenhoff
 
Default Bug#490694: linux-image-2.6.25-2-powerpc: OOPS on startup after upgrade 2.6.25-2-powerpc

Jeffrey B. Green wrote:

> No cigar, I got an OOPS with that build too. Let me know what info from
> that OOPS that you want. It is quicker to reboot two times than it is to
> copy the complete info.

Could you try to reproduce this with a current 2.6.28-rcX release
from kernel.org? You can find the .config file from the current Debian
kernels under /boot

If the problem still persists, could you file a bug at
bugzilla.kernel.org?

Cheers,
Moritz



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:01 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org