-   Debian Kernel (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kernel/)
-   -   Which version in Lenny? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kernel/10510-version-lenny.html)

"Olivér Pintér" 12-02-2007 12:47 PM

Which version in Lenny?

Hi all!

I have the question: what a version of the kernel comming the next
debian (Lenny) out? I think the 2.6.22 tree is a good base for it,
while it a long term supported kernel.

--
Thanks,
Oliver

maximilian attems 12-02-2007 03:15 PM

Which version in Lenny?

On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 02:47:50PM +0100, Olivér Pintér wrote:

> I have the question: what a version of the kernel comming the next
> debian (Lenny) out? I think the 2.6.22 tree is a good base for it,
> while it a long term supported kernel.

no out of question, we already branched to 2.6.23.
much too early for the real discussion/decision before freeze.
getting out with a kernel without support of recent hardware
is out of question, see discussion on debian-release after
Etch came out for a well educated guess.

regards

--
maks