FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian Kernel

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-06-2008, 12:42 PM
"Nadav Kavalerchik"
 
Default Bug#484782: closed by maximilian attems ( Bug#484782: PCI: Cannot allocate resource region)

obviously :-) it is not a debian bug but a linux/kernel bug.
but, shouldn't i send kernel bugs to debian BTS in the future ?
and go directly upstream ?

is there a way to turn ALL kernel boot messages off ?
(now that i know the system is working fine)

thanks
:-)

2008/6/6, Debian Bug Tracking System <owner@bugs.debian.org>:
>
> This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
> which was filed against the kernel package:
>
> #484782: PCI: Cannot allocate resource region
>
> It has been closed by maximilian attems <max@stro.at>.
>
> Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
> If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
> better one in a separate message then please contact maximilian attems <max@stro.at> by
> replying to this email.
>
>
>
> --
> 484782: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=484782
> Debian Bug Tracking System
> Contact owner@bugs.debian.org with problems
>
>
> ---------- הודעה שהועברה ----------
> From: maximilian attems <max@stro.at>
> To: 484782-done@bugs.debian.org
> Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 14:05:10 +0200
> Subject: Re: Bug#484782: PCI: Cannot allocate resource region
> On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 02:29:25PM +0300, Nadav Kavalerchik wrote:
> > Package: kernel
> > Severity: minor
> >
> > *** Please type your report below this line ***
> > i am getting these messages:
> > PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 8 of bridge 0000:00:01.0
> > [ 0.192500] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 9 of bridge 0000:00:01.0
> > [ 0.192546] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 8 of bridge 0000:00:1e.0
> > [ 0.192604] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:01:00.0
> > [ 0.192651] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 2 of device 0000:01:00.0
> > [ 0.192698] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:02:05.0
> > [ 0.192744] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 1 of device 0000:02:05.0
> > [ 0.192791] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:02:06.0
> > [ 0.192838] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:02:08.0
> > [ 0.192885] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:02:0e.0
> > [ 0.192940] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:02:0e.1
> > [ 0.192995] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:02:0e.2
> >
> > although i use quiet parameter in the kernel's boot command line
> > are these errors or warnings ? the system seems to work just fine :-)
> > should these messages be disabled in boot time if i issue quiet command ?
>
> no this might hide potential useful debug info.
>
> closing as not a debian bug.
>
> --
> maks
>
>
>
>
> ---------- הודעה שהועברה ----------
> From: "Nadav Kavalerchik" <nadavkav@gmail.com>
> To: submit@bugs.debian.org
> Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 14:29:25 +0300
> Subject: PCI: Cannot allocate resource region
> Package: kernel
> Severity: minor
>
> *** Please type your report below this line ***
> i am getting these messages:
> PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 8 of bridge 0000:00:01.0
> [ 0.192500] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 9 of bridge 0000:00:01.0
> [ 0.192546] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 8 of bridge 0000:00:1e.0
> [ 0.192604] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:01:00.0
> [ 0.192651] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 2 of device 0000:01:00.0
> [ 0.192698] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:02:05.0
> [ 0.192744] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 1 of device 0000:02:05.0
> [ 0.192791] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:02:06.0
> [ 0.192838] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:02:08.0
> [ 0.192885] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:02:0e.0
> [ 0.192940] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:02:0e.1
> [ 0.192995] PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:02:0e.2
>
> although i use quiet parameter in the kernel's boot command line
> are these errors or warnings ? the system seems to work just fine :-)
> should these messages be disabled in boot time if i issue quiet command ?
>
> -- System Information:
> Debian Release: lenny/sid
> APT prefers unstable
> APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'testing'), (1, 'experimental')
> Architecture: i386 (i686)
>
> Kernel: Linux 2.6.25-trunk-686 (SMP w/1 CPU core)
> Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
> Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
>
>
>
>
 
Old 06-06-2008, 02:56 PM
maximilian attems
 
Default Bug#484782: closed by maximilian attems ( Bug#484782: PCI: Cannot allocate resource region)

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 03:42:57PM +0300, Nadav Kavalerchik wrote:
> obviously :-) it is not a debian bug but a linux/kernel bug.
> but, shouldn't i send kernel bugs to debian BTS in the future ?
> and go directly upstream ?

"bugs" aka feature request are indeed better posted upstream
and also directly with patch.

anyway this message might be annoying but on some boxes
they are *helpfull*, so until pci allocation is really
sorted out i won't push a distro patch into debian
lowering the printk level of those.

> is there a way to turn ALL kernel boot messages off ?
> (now that i know the system is working fine)
>
> thanks
> :-)

loglevel=0

please next time support questions on the d-kernel mailinglist
and not as "bug" report.

best regards

--
maks



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kernel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:19 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org