Old 10-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Jacopo Nespolo

Default building okular package

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to build the package for okular from latest sources.
So far what i've done is:
* get latest git
* get latest source package in sid
* copy the debian folder from the source package to the sources from git.
* update the changelog to reflect that i'm trying to build version 4.9.2
* changed debian maintainers' email with my own, so that i can sign
the package at the end of the process.
* created the .orig. tarball in ../
...i thnk this is it.

dpkg-buildpackage exits with the following output:

parsechangelog/debian: warning: debian/changelog(l5): badly
formatted trailer line
LINE: -- Name Surname <namesurname@gmail.com> Wed, 04 Oct 2012 14:22:00 +0200
make[1]: Entering directory `/*****somepath******/OKULAR/okular-4.9.2'
dh_testdir
dh_auto_build '--buildsystem=kde' --parallel
make[2]: Entering directory
`/*****somepath******/OKULAR/okular-4.9.2/obj-i486-linux-gnu'
make[2]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/*****somepath******/OKULAR/okular-4.9.2/obj-i486-linux-gnu'
dh_auto_build: make -j1 returned exit code 2
make[1]: *** [pre_build_dh_auto_build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/*****somepath******/OKULAR/okular-4.9.2'
make: *** [debian/dhmk_build] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2

I get a bunch of those warnings about the changelog, but i can't
understand what's wrong with it. Then there is the nasty erorr.
I tried to run cmake CMakeLists.txt and make and the program builds
successfully, but i rather install it on my system through a package,
so that i can easily uninstall it if i'm not happy with it.

I unerstand it is not the easiest package to start packaging from, but
it is the program i need for most of my work, and there are a couple
of bug fixes i could totally benefit from.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jacopo

Old 10-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Jacopo Nespolo

On 5 October 2012 11:32, Jacopo Nespolo <j.nespolo@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to build the package for okular from latest sources.

Thanks to a quick chat with Sune, I modified the changelog using the
dch script and was able to build most of the program by simply running
dpkg-buildpackage from within the sources' directory.

Unfortunately, now i get the following error:

dh_install
cp: cannot stat `debian/tmp/usr/lib/libokularcore.so.1': No such file
or directory
dh_install: cp -a debian/tmp/usr/lib/libokularcore.so.1
debian/libokularcore1//usr/lib/ returned exit code 1
make[1]: *** [pre_install_dh_install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/***mypath***/OKULAR/okular-4.9.2'
make: *** [debian/dhmk_install] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

I suppose that this is due to the fact that multiple packages are
built out of okular sources, and probably i need to first build
libokularcore, install it and only afterward build the rest of the
program.
This is just my guess, though.
As usual, any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Old 10-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Jacopo Nespolo

On 6 October 2012 14:18, Jacopo Nespolo <j.nespolo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, now i get the following error:
>
> dh_install
> cp: cannot stat `debian/tmp/usr/lib/libokularcore.so.1': No such file
> or directory
> dh_install: cp -a debian/tmp/usr/lib/libokularcore.so.1
> debian/libokularcore1//usr/lib/ returned exit code 1
> make[1]: *** [pre_install_dh_install] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/***mypath***/OKULAR/okular-4.9.2'
> make: *** [debian/dhmk_install] Error 2
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2
>
> I suppose that this is due to the fact that multiple packages are
> built out of okular sources, and probably i need to first build
> libokularcore, install it and only afterward build the rest of the
> program.

Actually. nevermind. I found that in that path there is now a file
libokularcore.so.2, so the problem is i now need to figure out how to
change that .1 in .2 for dh_install.

Sorry for double mailin.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Sune Vuorela

On 2012-10-06, Jacopo Nespolo <j.nespolo@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 October 2012 14:18, Jacopo Nespolo <j.nespolo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Unfortunately, now i get the following error:
>>
>> dh_install
>> cp: cannot stat `debian/tmp/usr/lib/libokularcore.so.1': No such file
>> or directory
>> dh_install: cp -a debian/tmp/usr/lib/libokularcore.so.1
>> debian/libokularcore1//usr/lib/ returned exit code 1
>> make[1]: *** [pre_install_dh_install] Error 2
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/***mypath***/OKULAR/okular-4.9.2'
>> make: *** [debian/dhmk_install] Error 2
>> dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2
>>
>> I suppose that this is due to the fact that multiple packages are
>> built out of okular sources, and probably i need to first build
>> libokularcore, install it and only afterward build the rest of the
>> program.
>
> Actually. nevermind. I found that in that path there is now a file
> libokularcore.so.2, so the problem is i now need to figure out how to
> change that .1 in .2 for dh_install.

dh_install is reading stuff from debian/FOO.install

note that there is a pattern in libokularcore.so.1 going into a package
named libokularcore1

/Sune