Old 09-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Claudio Filho

Default Lost all entries in the apps menu

Hi

Is the second time that i lost all entries in my lancelot widget. When
i tried to change to kickoff, is the same thing. Other thing is the
association between files and the apps, like pdf and okular, or txt
and kate. I generated a new user and it have all settings normally.
When i restart my home folder, all entries return.

I can't identify what happens. Some suggest? I use a Debian amd64 Sid.

Bests,
Claudio

Old 09-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Matías Costa

Is the second time that i lost all entries in my lancelot widget. When

i tried to change to kickoff, is the same thing. Other thing is the

association between files and the apps, like pdf and okular, or txt

and kate. I generated a new user and it have all settings normally.

When i restart my home folder, all entries return.

I can't identify what happens. Some suggest? I use a Debian amd64 Sid.

In the console:
kbuildsycoca4 --no-incremental*
Look for suspicious messages.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Claudio Filho

2012/9/27 Matías Costa <m.costacano@gmail.com>:
> In the console:
>
> kbuildsycoca4 --no-incremental
>
> Look for suspicious messages.

Perfect!

$ kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental
kbuildsycoca4 running...
kbuildsycoca4(18379): "applications.menu" not found in
("/home/filhocf/.config/menus/", "/etc/xdg/menus/")

Now, i will go to investigate!

Thanks
Claudio

Old 09-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Claudio Filho

Hi

2012/9/27 Claudio Filho <filhocf@gmail.com>:
> Now, i will go to investigate!

I found this thread in a Gentoo forum[1], where suggest to copy the
menu entries to local config folder.

$ cp /etc/xdg/menus/kde-4-applications.menu config/menus/kde-applications.menu

[1]http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-909408.html

Bests
Claudio