FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian KDE

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Martin Steigerwald
 
Default Digikam 4:2.9.0-2 rebuild for Wheezy/Sid

Hi Mark, hi Debian Qt/KDE developers,

any chance to upload Digikam 4:2.9.0-2 against libmarblewidet13?

merkaba:~> LANG=C apt-get -t experimental install digikam
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
digikam : Depends: libmarblewidget12 (>= 4:4.7.1) but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
merkaba:~#100>

as it is in Wheezy/Sid:

merkaba:~> rmadison libmarblewidget13
libmarblewidget13 | 4:4.8.4-2 | wheezy | amd64, armel, armhf, i386, ia64, kfreebsd-amd64, kfreebsd-i386, mips, mipsel, powerpc,
s390, s390x, sparc
libmarblewidget13 | 4:4.8.4-2 | sid | amd64, armel, armhf, hurd-i386, i386, ia64, kfreebsd-amd64, kfreebsd-i386, mips, mipsel,
powerpc, s390, s390x, sparc
merkaba:~> rmadison libmarblewidget12
merkaba:~>


Otherwise I can rebuild locally and upload it somewhere for subscribers
of this list to try out.


Current Digikam 4:2.6.0-1+b1 in Wheezy has some serious usability issues.
It doesn´t update the view on rotating images, renaming albums and stuff
like that sometimes. I even had a crash. I can try to describe a reproducer
for the missing GUI updates and do a bug report which could serve as one
argument to justify a release exception if 2.9.0 fixes those issues.

Many thanks,
--
Martin 'Helios' Steigerwald - http://www.Lichtvoll.de
GPG: 03B0 0D6C 0040 0710 4AFA B82F 991B EAAC A599 84C7


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201209101146.39798.Martin@lichtvoll.de">http://lists.debian.org/201209101146.39798.Martin@lichtvoll.de
 
Old 09-12-2012, 06:50 AM
Detlev Brodowski
 
Default Digikam 4:2.9.0-2 rebuild for Wheezy/Sid

Am Montag, 10. September 2012, 11:46:39 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Hi Mark, hi Debian Qt/KDE developers,
>
> any chance to upload Digikam 4:2.9.0-2 against libmarblewidet13?
>
> merkaba:~> LANG=C apt-get -t experimental install digikam
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> or been moved out of Incoming.
> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>
> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> digikam : Depends: libmarblewidget12 (>= 4:4.7.1) but it is not
> installable E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken
> packages. merkaba:~#100>
>
> as it is in Wheezy/Sid:
>
> merkaba:~> rmadison libmarblewidget13
> libmarblewidget13 | 4:4.8.4-2 | wheezy | amd64, armel, armhf, i386,
> ia64, kfreebsd-amd64, kfreebsd-i386, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390,
> s390x, sparc
> libmarblewidget13 | 4:4.8.4-2 | sid | amd64, armel, armhf,
> hurd-i386, i386, ia64, kfreebsd-amd64, kfreebsd-i386, mips, mipsel,
> powerpc, s390, s390x, sparc
> merkaba:~> rmadison libmarblewidget12
> merkaba:~>
>
>
> Otherwise I can rebuild locally and upload it somewhere for
> subscribers of this list to try out.
>
>
> Current Digikam 4:2.6.0-1+b1 in Wheezy has some serious usability
> issues. It doesn´t update the view on rotating images, renaming
> albums and stuff like that sometimes. I even had a crash. I can try
> to describe a reproducer for the missing GUI updates and do a bug
> report which could serve as one argument to justify a release
> exception if 2.9.0 fixes those issues.
>
> Many thanks,

Hi Mark, hi Debian Qt/KDE developers, hi Martin,

I'm using a pur sid installation as rolling release on my notebook.
So I have rebuilded the packages against an up to date sid repository
for my own. Furthermore I have removed, in my own build, the new added
conflict to the package phonon-backend-vlc because I could not reproduce
the bug #684130 neither with the 2.7.0 nor 2.9.0 debian package from the
experimental repository rebuilded for sid.
Tested with the vlc packages from main and from debian-multimedia.org.

Kind regards
Detlev


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201209120850.45278.detlev.brodowski@brodix.de">htt p://lists.debian.org/201209120850.45278.detlev.brodowski@brodix.de
 
Old 09-17-2012, 01:08 PM
Martin Steigerwald
 
Default Digikam 4:2.9.0-2 rebuild for Wheezy/Sid

Dear Mark!

Am Mittwoch, 12. September 2012 schrieb Detlev Brodowski:
> Am Montag, 10. September 2012, 11:46:39 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> > Hi Mark, hi Debian Qt/KDE developers,
> >
> > any chance to upload Digikam 4:2.9.0-2 against libmarblewidet13?
[…]
> Hi Mark, hi Debian Qt/KDE developers, hi Martin,
>
> I'm using a pur sid installation as rolling release on my notebook.
> So I have rebuilded the packages against an up to date sid repository
> for my own. Furthermore I have removed, in my own build, the new added
> conflict to the package phonon-backend-vlc because I could not
> reproduce the bug #684130 neither with the 2.7.0 nor 2.9.0 debian
> package from the experimental repository rebuilded for sid.
> Tested with the vlc packages from main and from debian-multimedia.org.

Mark, thanks for uploading a new package which works with
libmarblewidet13.

I tried installing it but as Detlev points out it conflicts with phonon-
backend-vlc due to bug 684130.

Thus I will test the package the conflict removed here as well and report
back. I hope that the conflict can be removed again.

Thanks,
--
Martin 'Helios' Steigerwald - http://www.Lichtvoll.de
GPG: 03B0 0D6C 0040 0710 4AFA B82F 991B EAAC A599 84C7


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201209171508.31871.Martin@lichtvoll.de">http://lists.debian.org/201209171508.31871.Martin@lichtvoll.de
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:52 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org