Old 09-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Mark Charles

Default Squeeze, Akonadi and Korganizer

Has anybody managed to get Akonadi working on Squeeze?

Everytime I try and start Akonadi I get these errors:-

InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 11
InnoDB: Check that you do not already have another mysqld process
InnoDB: using the same InnoDB data or log files.

Any suggestions on how to resolve the problem (without upgrading to Wheezy or trying to run a mixed system)?

TIA

Old 09-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Nick Boyce

On Tuesday 04 Sep 2012 23:47:41 Mark Charles wrote:

> Has anybody managed to get Akonadi working on Squeeze?

To answer your question, yes, I use KDE on vanilla Squeeze, so I have
Korganizer and Akonadi running. Akonadi is running happily, as is MySQL which
is what Akonadi uses to store the data it manages. I didn't have to do
anything special to achieve this, after system installation.

I don't actually use Korganizer (yet) to do anything, but it starts up
happily, and I happily shut it down again

> Everytime I try and start Akonadi I get these errors:-
>
> InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1, error: 11
> InnoDB: Check that you do not already have another mysqld process
> InnoDB: using the same InnoDB data or log files.

Your MySQL installation is borked. Possibly you had an untidy system shutdown
(crash, power outage), and a lockfile has really been left lying around, or a
spurious MySQL process is really still running somehow.

See also :
https://bugs.kde.org/225333
which dates from around when Squeeze was originally released, but which talks
of a MySQL bug causing your problem, but which was fixed in MySQL 5.1.46 .. but
current Squeeze MySQL is version 5.1.63.

> Any suggestions on how to resolve the problem (without upgrading to Wheezy
> or trying to run a mixed system)?

I wouldn't try to run a mixed system unless you really know what you're doing.

Nick
--
Never FDISK after midnight