-   -   Fwd: kmail freeze when inserting something from addressbook into composer and then sending mail (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kde/692577-fwd-kmail-freeze-when-inserting-something-addressbook-into-composer-then-sending-mail.html)

David Faure 08-10-2012 12:43 PM

On Friday 10 August 2012 12:27:48 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Freitag, 10. August 2012 schrieb David Faure:
> > On Thursday 09 August 2012 22:06:16 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > > But maybe after I found out that sending SIGTERM to a process
> > > /usr/bin/nepomukservicestub nepomukqueryservice makes KMail continue
> > > sending the mail I thought I ask here whether this rings a bell and
> > > there might be some bugfix / workaround available.
> >
> > Yep, a very well known issue, see the thread "KMail completion spams
> > nepomuk" in this list and/or on the kde-pim mailing-list.
>
> Ah, I already thought this might be related… It sounded to similar, but I
> had this on copying mail addresses. Completion doesn´t work anyway here.

It doesn't produce results (because too slow with large DBs), but it's
triggered (it starts the job) whenever you type or paste into the lineedit.

> > > It happens that when pasting a mail address from the address book –
> > > auto completion does not work here anymore for some reason I did not
> > > yet found out
> >
> > It's the same reason. With a large nepomuk DB, the completion from the
> > addressbook takes a VERY long time (I've had 45 minutes on occasion!),
> > which not only means completion isn't working, but also that the mail
> > can't be sent because it's waiting for the akonadi contact search job
> > to finish first.
>
> I just wonder why I do not see much CPU usage when that happens – I would
> expect some process to spike at 95-100% of at least one core.

Hmm, yes, I think that's what I was seeing.
If this isn't your case, you might have to debug it (akonadiconsole, enable
job tracking before opening the composer, look at which job takes forever).

> -rw------- 1 martin martin 5,3G Aug 10 12:22 soprano-virtuoso.db

Glad to see I'm not the only one :-)

--
David Faure, faure@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr