-   -   Fwd: kmail freeze when inserting something from addressbook into composer and then sending mail (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kde/692571-fwd-kmail-freeze-when-inserting-something-addressbook-into-composer-then-sending-mail.html)

Martin Steigerwald 08-10-2012 10:27 AM

Am Freitag, 10. August 2012 schrieb David Faure:
> On Thursday 09 August 2012 22:06:16 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > But maybe after I found out that sending SIGTERM to a process
> > /usr/bin/nepomukservicestub nepomukqueryservice makes KMail continue
> > sending the mail I thought I ask here whether this rings a bell and
> > there might be some bugfix / workaround available.
>
> Yep, a very well known issue, see the thread "KMail completion spams
> nepomuk" in this list and/or on the kde-pim mailing-list.

Ah, I already thought this might be related… It sounded to similar, but I
had this on copying mail addresses. Completion doesn´t work anyway here.

> > It happens that when pasting a mail address from the address book –
> > auto completion does not work here anymore for some reason I did not
> > yet found out
>
> It's the same reason. With a large nepomuk DB, the completion from the
> addressbook takes a VERY long time (I've had 45 minutes on occasion!),
> which not only means completion isn't working, but also that the mail
> can't be sent because it's waiting for the akonadi contact search job
> to finish first.

I just wonder why I do not see much CPU usage when that happens – I would
expect some process to spike at 95-100% of at least one core. My repo is
indeed quite large. I already excluded ~/Mail to not index the millions of
mails in there.

martin@merkaba:~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend>
ls -lh
insgesamt 5,3G
-rw-r--r-- 1 martin martin 164K Dez 12 2011 soprano-virtuoso.cpt-after-
recov
-rw------- 1 martin martin 5,3G Aug 10 12:22 soprano-virtuoso.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 martin martin 14 Aug 9 17:27 soprano-virtuoso.lck
-rw------- 1 martin martin 0 Nov 28 2011 soprano-virtuoso.lock
-rw-r--r-- 1 martin martin 2,7M Aug 10 11:34 soprano-virtuoso.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 martin martin 0 Nov 28 2011 soprano-virtuoso.pxa
-rw-r--r-- 1 martin martin 12M Aug 9 17:29 soprano-virtuoso-temp.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 martin martin 57K Aug 10 12:22 soprano-virtuoso.trx
-rw-r--r-- 1 martin martin 904 Dez 11 2011 soprano-virtuoso.trx-after-
recov

I wonder whether there is some way to compact it. Does virtuoso vacuum
itself?

2226 martin 39 19 645m 525m 3728 S 76,8 6,8 226:43.00 virtuoso-t

Right now, its doing lots of stuff again with some nepomukservices and a
nepomukindexer process being running.

> > – or sometimes also at other occasions like sending a mail
> > to two receivers lets KMail composer window hang right after clicking
> > the send button.
>
> Same issue.
>
> We're discussing an akonadi-level fix on the kdepim list (using a
> separate session for the completion jobs), in addition to the
> nepomuk-related fixes discussed here.

Okay, then I will follow these discussions and whenever there comes a fix
out of it that might be possible to use in / backport to Debian´s special
KDE SC 4.8.4 + KDEPIM 4.4.11 mix try to report back to Debian Qt/KDE team.

Thank you,

David Faure 08-10-2012 11:53 AM

--
David Faure, faure@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr