Old 08-06-2012, 04:15 AM
Nick Boyce

Default Why Doesn't Kgpg Depend On GnuPG ?!

Can anyone here think of a reason why package KGpg does NOT depend on any
version of GnuPG (neither V1 nor V2, nor even PGP) ?

[I presume kgpg is compatible with gnupg2, but I'd be using v1 ...]

I'm using Squeeze, but the situation is the same for Wheezy.

nick@mybox:~$ apt-cache depends kgpg
kgpg
Depends: kdebase-runtime
Depends: kdepim-runtime
Depends: libc6
Depends: libkabc4
Depends: libkdecore5
Depends: libkdeui5
Depends: libkio5
Depends: libkpimutils4
Depends: libqt4-dbus
Depends: libqtcore4
Depends: libqtgui4
Depends: libsolid4
Depends: libstdc++6

There isn't even a 'suggests' or a 'recommends'.

I'd gladly submit a Debian (packaging) bug for this, but I keep thinking it's
so obvious an issue that there must be a reason I'm just not seeing for it
being like it is .....

Cheers
Nick
--
Never FDISK after midnight

Old 09-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Nick Boyce

On Monday 06 Aug 2012 05:15:58 Nick Boyce wrote:

> Can anyone here think of a reason why package KGpg does NOT depend on any
> version of GnuPG (neither V1 nor V2, nor even PGP) ?
[...]
> I'd gladly submit a Debian (packaging) bug for this .....

FWIW: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=686632

Nick
--
The Second Law of Thermodynamics:
If you think things are in a mess now, just wait! -- Jim Warner

Old 09-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer

Control: tag -1 pending

Hi Nick! Thanks for your bug report. I have added the missing dependency. It
will be included in the next kgpg's upload.

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--
Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
-- Groucho Marx