Old 07-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Martin Steigerwald

Default kmail freeze when inserting something from addressbook into composer and then sending mail

Am Mittwoch, 6. Juni 2012 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Am Mittwoch, 6. Juni 2012 schrieb Coque Couto:

> > > I tried it and it send the msg without any issues.
> >
> > Martin,
> >
> > Try to disable Nepomuk in System Settings > Desktop Search. I've
> > suffered constant Kmail hangs like the one you describe until I
> > disabled Nepomuk.
>
> Thanks for the hint.
>
> I just disabled email indexing, not Nepomuk completely and was able to
> send a mail with phone numbers pasted directly from address book.
>
> Since that mail indexing as far as I understand only makes sense with
> KDEPIM 2 I will leave it that way.
>
> Hope it helps. I do not want to disable Nepomuk completely, cause I
> like desktop search.

I had this today again.

But not on pasting an address from KAddressBook into a mail. But simply at
sending an mail to two recipients.

I found some nepomuksearch thread at 99% which might be conincidental
since it was short after rebooting and logging into the KDE session.

I tried five times – in words: five times – to send out an mail with three
sentences which I typed about 3 times until I started copying the text to
klipper.

I send out this mail finally by sending it first to myself, then edit it
as new and change recipients to the two people intented.

I was able to send out a test mail to the two recipients in the regular
way.

Thats really wierd. Maybe I really have to disable Nepomuk altogether. It
happens very rarely, but when it happens I find it extremely annoying and
frustrating. At such a time I could through out KMail out of the window.

Now, lets see whether kmail sends this as if nothing has happened.

Ciao,

Old 07-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Martin Steigerwald

Am Sonntag, 22. Juli 2012 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Now, lets see whether kmail sends this as if nothing has happened.

Of course it did.

Well I really look forward to KDEPIM 4.8.5 test packages and I really do
hope that things will be better then. I do not think it makes much sense
to dig out the root cause of this wierd, but very annoying bug considering
that this is an unsupported mixed KDEPIM 4.4.5 / KDE 4.8.4 issue.

But one thing I will try: I will downgrade kdepim-runtime from 4:4.8.4-1
to 4:4.4.11.1-5 for the time being. If it lets me .

Thanks,