-   -   window decorations and latest firefox (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kde/685125-window-decorations-latest-firefox.html)

Jacopo Nespolo 07-19-2012 08:14 AM

window decorations and latest firefox

Dear All,
yesterday i upgraded my debian sid, and with it came the latest
iceweasel. I use the oxygen-kde addon for iceweasel, as i'm sure many
of you do, too, to make the browser blend well with the kde style.

i used to have an override for window decorations, so that iceweasel's
main window wouldn't display a title bar. however this has stopped
working effectively after this last upgrade. I tried multiple times to
create a new override but nothing happened, the title bar is still
there.

I tried to create a similar override for okular, and the title bar is
correctly hidden as soon as i click ok.
Has anyone else experienced this inconvenient?
Thanks,

Jacopo Nespolo 07-31-2012 04:07 PM

window decorations and latest firefox

Hi

On 19 July 2012 10:14, Jacopo Nespolo <j.nespolo@gmail.com> wrote:
> i used to have an override for window decorations, so that iceweasel's
> main window wouldn't display a title bar. however this has stopped
> working effectively after this last upgrade. I tried multiple times to
> create a new override but nothing happened, the title bar is still
> there.

I finally solved the mystery:
I had another "window specific override", which i think was installed
automatically as part of the GTK->KDE compatibility eye candies,
applying to Firefox, Thunderbird and Gimp. The latter sets background
style to solid colour.

By disabling the Firefox-Thunderbird-Gimp overide, my own "hide title
bar in iceweasel" override started to work properly.

I don't understand why one should disable the other, but since i got
what i was looking for, i think i won't investigate any further.

Cheers,