-   -   Web development package (was something else) (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kde/683307-web-development-package-something-else.html)

john Culleton 07-13-2012 02:11 PM

Web development package (was something else)

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 13:55:17 -0600
Bruce Sass <bmsass@shaw.ca> wrote:

> However, given Trinity's origins (as KDE-3.5) and goals (be installed
> alongside and work with KDE-4 and apps), debian-kde is the best place
> within Debian for someone looking at introducing it into the archive
> to bring it up-- this is where the DD/DM expertise wrt KDE-3.5 and 4
> resides, and this is the place with the most potential for finding
> interested users.
>
> - Bruce

I have both KDE4 and the unmentionable alternative on my system.
So I can use Okular, part of KDE4, and also Quanta Plus, which is
my all-time favorite for web development. Which raises the
question, what do the rest of you use for web page development?
Am I missing out on another such package?

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers:

"Andreas v. Heydwolff" 07-16-2012 10:11 AM

Web development package (was something else)

> So I can use Okular, part of KDE4, and also Quanta Plus, which is
> my all-time favorite for web development. Which raises the
> question, what do the rest of you use for web page development?

Quanta + in a lenny chroot.

A.

Jacopo Nespolo 07-16-2012 10:31 AM

Web development package (was something else)

Hi

On 16 July 2012 12:11, Andreas v. Heydwolff <listmail@sandpsych.at> wrote:
>> question, what do the rest of you use for web page development?

given that i don't do much web development at all, the few times i
used an IDE, it was Bluefish.
I have to say that for the little I do, though, kate and firefox + web
developer toolbar addon do the job.

Andreas Cord-Landwehr 07-16-2012 10:50 AM

On Monday 16 July 2012 12:31:09 Jacopo Nespolo wrote:
> On 16 July 2012 12:11, Andreas v. Heydwolff <listmail@sandpsych.at> wrote:
> >> question, what do the rest of you use for web page development?

Hi, if you are mainly interested in web development with PHP, kdevelop with
the PHP plugin is a really nice choice. -- I am using it since I removed
Quanta from my system.

Greetings,
Andreas

Xavier Brochard 07-17-2012 03:26 PM

john Culleton wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 13:55:17 -0600
> Bruce Sass <bmsass@shaw.ca> wrote:
> question, what do the rest of you use for web page development?
> Am I missing out on another such package?

Blue-Griffon and Amaya, sometimes Kate and Bluefish (very good editor
similar to Quanta)

Both let me enter my own code and have nice CSS editors.

I found Amaya to be a very good tool for quick coding pages. Though it's
a bit slow and its redering is far from the best.

Xavier