-   -   KMyMoney button 'Enter scheduled transaction' is missing (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kde/677222-kmymoney-button-enter-scheduled-transaction-missing.html)

Diederik de Haas 06-26-2012 06:49 AM

On Tuesday 26 June 2012 06:12:12 Ismael Bejarano wrote:
> in the Home screen the button 'Enter scheduled transaction' is
> missing. Also in the context menu in the 'Scheduled items' section
> the menu entry 'Enter next transaction' is missing its icon it show
> an icon with the question mark instead '?' (both the button in home
> screen and that menu entry use the same icon).

The 'Enter scheduled transaction' and the 'Enter next transaction' button look
normal on my system. I'm using KMM 4.6.2.

You may (also) want to send your msg to the KMyMoney ML (kmymoney@kde.org),
since all (?) it's developers monitor that list. Make sure to mention your OS
and the KMyMoney version you're using.

Diederik

Mirosław Zalewski 06-26-2012 08:26 AM

On 26/06/2012 at 06:12, Ismael Bejarano <ismaelbej@gmail.com> wrote:

> Since the transition to qt-4.8 and kde-4.8 I've experienced that in
> the Home screen the button 'Enter scheduled transaction' is missing.
> Also in the context menu in the 'Scheduled items' section the menu
> entry 'Enter next transaction' is missing its icon it show an icon
> with the question mark instead '?' (both the button in home screen and
> that menu entry use the same icon).

As for missing icon: some users had similar problems with LibreOffice not long
time ago (please see http://bugs.debian.org/661818). This was caused by KDE
cache. You can try log out, remove /var/tmp/kdecache-${USER}/ and log in.

Missing button sounds like more serious issue.

Either way, you can also try if the problem exists on new user account without
prior ~/.kde dir. Just create one and log in. If not, then it clearly is
matter of deleting/editing some file(s).
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski

Ismael Bejarano 06-26-2012 11:27 AM

2012/6/26 Mirosław Zalewski <miniopl@poczta.onet.pl>:
> On 26/06/2012 at 06:12, Ismael Bejarano <ismaelbej@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Since the transition to qt-4.8 and kde-4.8 I've experienced that in
>> the Home screen the button 'Enter scheduled transaction' is missing.
>> Also in the context menu in the 'Scheduled items' section the menu
>> entry 'Enter next transaction' is missing its icon it show an icon
>> with the question mark instead '?' (both the button in home screen and
>> that menu entry use the same icon).
>
> As for missing icon: some users had similar problems with LibreOffice not long
> time ago (please see http://bugs.debian.org/661818). This was caused by KDE
> cache. You can try log out, remove /var/tmp/kdecache-${USER}/ and log in.
>
> Missing button sounds like more serious issue.
>
> Either way, you can also try if the problem exists on new user account without
> prior ~/.kde dir. Just create one and log in. If not, then it clearly is
> matter of deleting/editing some file(s).
> --
> Best regards
> Mirosław Zalewski

I've tried with a user without .kde folder and everything was correct,
the icon and the button was there.

Removing /var/tmp/kdecache-${USER} did the trick. Now the button show
ups again and the context menu show the icon properly.

Cheers,
Ismael