Old 07-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Torsten Grote

Default kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 in experimental, call for testing

On Thursday 28 June 2012 23:54:53 Modestas Vainius wrote:
> However, given a range of mixed experiences, some
> of them positive, some negative, it seems that Debian Wheezy would be
> better off with kdepim-runtime 4.4.11.1 + kdepim 4.4.11.1 combination

I also think that this was the right decision. On my laptop upgrading kdepim-
runtime lead to Kontact using 100% CPU all the time. On my Desktop with the
exact same setup, I don't have this problem. Ideas how to prevent that are
welcome.

In the meantime I wait for kdepim 4.8.4 and hope to finally have some more or
less stable Kontact.

Thanks for all your work!
Torsten

Old 07-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Benjamin Eikel

Hello,

Am Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2012, 23:54:53 schrieb Modestas Vainius:
> We would like to thank you all for testing and giving valuable feedback.
> kdepim 4.8.4 will shortly arrive at experimental or qt-kde.debian.net so
> you can test the full KDE PIM 4.8 suite and maybe even start using it. The
> plan is to upload kdepim-runtime 4.8.x and kdepim 4.8.x to backports soon
> after they open for Wheezy backports (which will happen sometime after
> Wheezy release).

does the plan to release kdepim 4.8.4 for experimental users still exist? As
far as I can see, the source packages did not change for over a month now [1].
Will there be any binary packages, too?

Kind regards
Benjamin

[1] http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kdetrunk/

Old 07-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer

On Mié 25 Jul 2012 06:41:42 Benjamin Eikel escribió:
> Hello,
[snip]
> does the plan to release kdepim 4.8.4 for experimental users still exist?
> As far as I can see, the source packages did not change for over a month
> now [1]. Will there be any binary packages, too?

It does exists. IIRC, the last time it was tried it was very crashy, so it
didn't get uploaded. But please take note that I must be mistaken, as I
haven't had the chance to check it for myself and my memory may be playing
tricks with me

--
6: Cual es el boton del mouse que permite acceder a las acciones mas
comunes del manejo de archivos

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/