Old 06-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Diederik de Haas

Default kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 in experimental, call for testing

On Wednesday 27 June 2012 01:17:43 Leopold Palomo Avellaneda wrote:
> As bad result, although I can see my calendars in korganizer, as I have
> several calendars, I have not been able to create an event in one specific

I also have multiple calendars (and also from 2 different users, both owncloud
DAV resources) and that works correctly _now_ but I created my events in
owncloud's web interface.
Based on your mail, I tried the other way around: creating an event in
Kontact/Korganizer and wanted to see in which calendar it would end up in.
In the event creation dialog I couldn't find a way to select in which calendar it
got created, so my guess was the Default calendar in the default resource (with
the checkbox in front of it).
However, I was not able to create (save) the event at all!
I got a dialog saying "Please select a storage folder for this Event", but the
list from which I had to select an item was empty.
The only way out of that was Cancel on that dialog (which then shows an error
dialog) and then Cancel on the event creation dialog.

IOW: I was not able to create a new event in Kontact/Korganizer.
If that's caused by 2 akonadi/DAV resources or multiple calendars I don't know
(yet).

Another issue I _had_ with multiple calendars and multiple resources was that a
calendar of user2 got listed under user1 and most/all(?) of my events appeared
twice in my KOrganizer calendar.
But that issue is gone now and events are now displayed (only) 1 time and in the
right calendar of the right resource.
Dunno if this glitch is/was a 'general' issue or caused by the loads of tests
I've performed.

Cheers,
Diederik

Old 06-27-2012, 12:34 AM
Diederik de Haas

On Wednesday 27 June 2012 01:59:50 Diederik de Haas wrote:
> Another issue I had with multiple calendars and multiple resources was that
> a calendar of user2 got listed under user1 and most/all(?) of my events
> appeared twice in my KOrganizer calendar.

Looks like I cheered too soon :-/

Old 06-27-2012, 11:34 AM
chymian

hi leo,

> I have tested it with Sogo and I have had a mixture of good result and bad
> result.
>
> As good result, kaddressbook works perfectly with the several contacts list
> that i have in my sogo server. I can create, copy and delete contacts
> without any problem. The only thing is that I'm not been able to see it
> when I create a new mail. I just seen my original resources. Any idea?
>
> As bad result, although I can see my calendars in korganizer, as I have
> several calendars, I have not been able to create an event in one specific
> . It seems as I have to have a global configuration for all the resource.
> However, I think that I would need more test.

as you get different results connecting to sogo, then I did, which versions are you running?
my setup:

sogo 1.3.16-1,
Zentyal 2.2,
ubuntu 10.4

cheers
guenter

Old 06-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Leopold Palomo Avellaneda

A Dimecres, 27 de juny de 2012, chymian va escriure:
> hi leo,
>
> > I have tested it with Sogo and I have had a mixture of good result and
> > bad result.
> >
> > As good result, kaddressbook works perfectly with the several contacts
> > list that i have in my sogo server. I can create, copy and delete
> > contacts without any problem. The only thing is that I'm not been able
> > to see it when I create a new mail. I just seen my original resources.
> > Any idea?
> >
> > As bad result, although I can see my calendars in korganizer, as I have
> > several calendars, I have not been able to create an event in one
> > specific . It seems as I have to have a global configuration for all the
> > resource. However, I think that I would need more test.
>
> as you get different results connecting to sogo, then I did, which versions
> are you running? my setup:
>
> sogo 1.3.16-1,
> Zentyal 2.2,
> ubuntu 10.4

my setup,

Debian Squeeze and sogo 1.3.16-1.

When I say that I got different result, I was referring about caldav and
carddav. The question is about several calendars.

Regards,

Leo

Linux User 152692 PGP: 0xF944807E
Catalonia

Old 06-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Nina Steiger

Same problem here

Old 06-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Modestas Vainius

Hello,

The decision day approaches. However, given a range of mixed experiences, some
of them positive, some negative, it seems that Debian Wheezy would be better
off with kdepim-runtime 4.4.11.1 + kdepim 4.4.11.1 combination which, while
not perfect, used to be supported by upstream in the past. At least we know
what we can expect from it.

We would like to thank you all for testing and giving valuable feedback.
kdepim 4.8.4 will shortly arrive at experimental or qt-kde.debian.net so you
can test the full KDE PIM 4.8 suite and maybe even start using it. The plan is
to upload kdepim-runtime 4.8.x and kdepim 4.8.x to backports soon after they
open for Wheezy backports (which will happen sometime after Wheezy release).

--
Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>

Old 06-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Luis Felipe Tabera

On Friday June 29 2012 00:54:53 Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The decision day approaches. However, given a range of mixed experiences,
> some of them positive, some negative, it seems that Debian Wheezy would be
> better off with kdepim-runtime 4.4.11.1 + kdepim 4.4.11.1 combination
> which, while not perfect, used to be supported by upstream in the past. At
> least we know what we can expect from it.
>
> We would like to thank you all for testing and giving valuable feedback.
> kdepim 4.8.4 will shortly arrive at experimental or qt-kde.debian.net so you
> can test the full KDE PIM 4.8 suite and maybe even start using it. The plan
> is to upload kdepim-runtime 4.8.x and kdepim 4.8.x to backports soon after
> they open for Wheezy backports (which will happen sometime after Wheezy
> release).

Hi,

While my overall experience is positive, I think that using old kdepim for
next stable is the most sensible decission right now.

Thank for the effort and consideration for alternatives though.

Luis

Old 06-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Diederik de Haas

On Thursday 28 June 2012 23:54:53 Modestas Vainius wrote:
> However, given a range of mixed experiences, some
> of them positive, some negative, it seems that Debian Wheezy would be
> better off with kdepim-runtime 4.4.11.1 + kdepim 4.4.11.1 combination

How much as I'd like it to be different, I totally agree.

> We would like to thank you all for testing and giving valuable feedback.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity.
At the very least I don't have to keep 2 calendars up to date anymore and it
gives me the possibility to play with my pet-peeve ;-)

> kdepim 4.8.4 will shortly arrive at experimental or qt-kde.debian.net so
> you can test the full KDE PIM 4.8 suite and maybe even start using it.
> The plan is to upload kdepim-runtime 4.8.x and kdepim 4.8.x to backports

Awesome.

Cheers,
Diederik

Old 06-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Martin Steigerwald

Am Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2012 schrieb Modestas Vainius:
> Hello,
>
> The decision day approaches. However, given a range of mixed
> experiences, some of them positive, some negative, it seems that
> Debian Wheezy would be better off with kdepim-runtime 4.4.11.1 +
> kdepim 4.4.11.1 combination which, while not perfect, used to be
> supported by upstream in the past. At least we know what we can expect
> from it.
>
> We would like to thank you all for testing and giving valuable
> feedback. kdepim 4.8.4 will shortly arrive at experimental or
> qt-kde.debian.net so you can test the full KDE PIM 4.8 suite and maybe
> even start using it. The plan is to upload kdepim-runtime 4.8.x and
> kdepim 4.8.x to backports soon after they open for Wheezy backports
> (which will happen sometime after Wheezy release).

I think thats good for Wheezy: Use KDEPIM 4.4.11.1 by default and give the
user the option to use KDEPIM 4.8.4.

Thanks for offering this. It means extra work for you and your team.

Ciao,

Old 06-29-2012, 01:20 PM
"Andreas v. Heydwolff"

Hello and thanks for all the work. I wanted to do some testing on the
weekend but 4.4.11.1 seems to be a diligent decision also for me
considering the feedback above.

A question arose though: I am not sure what to do about
Akunambol/Funambol. So far I am syncing kaddressbook with an iPhone I
need for proessional reasons but with KDE 4.8.4 Akunambol stopped
working. I do not want to use Google for syncing, and according to
postings on the net Funambol and CardDAV seem to have problems together.
A new instance of Akunambol cannot be compiled any more, the error
message says that the moc version is too high. The developer did not
answer my inquiry yet.

Would OpenCloud and kdepim 4.8 be a way to sync addresses between an
iPhone and kaddressbook? What data set does CardDav transfer? I did not
find any specs and don't want to be limited top a LDAP set of data which
I believe it is using, or am I mistaken there? Any comments welcome.

Greetings,
Andreas