Old 06-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Xavier Brochard

Default kalarm broken by mysql upgrade?

David Jarvie wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 June 2012 18:05:04 Andreas v. Heydwolff wrote:

>> > Actually, the KAlarm Akonadi resources are in the kdepim-runtime
>> > package.
>>

>> But which one in the list would show up as the kalarm resource in
>> Akonadi (please follow link)?
>>
>> http://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/kdepim-runtime/filelist
>
> That package is for use with kdepim 4.4. I'm confused as to which package
> versions you are using, since KAlarm 4.4 is not able to use Akonadi -
> Akonadi resources for KAlarm were only implemented in kdepim 4.8. Earlier
> versions of KAlarm do not use Akonadi at all.

Time to fill a bug report...
Kalarm from KDE 4.8.x can't work without Akonadi resource, yes?

regards
xavier

Old 06-22-2012, 11:01 AM
"David Jarvie"

On Fri, June 22, 2012 11:29 am, Xavier Brochard wrote:
> David Jarvie wrote:

>>> But which one in the list would show up as the kalarm resource in
>>> Akonadi (please follow link)?
>>>
>>> http://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/kdepim-runtime/filelist
>>
>> That package is for use with kdepim 4.4. I'm confused as to which
>> package
>> versions you are using, since KAlarm 4.4 is not able to use Akonadi -
>> Akonadi resources for KAlarm were only implemented in kdepim 4.8.
>> Earlier
>> versions of KAlarm do not use Akonadi at all.
>>

> Time to fill a bug report...
> Kalarm from KDE 4.8.x can't work without Akonadi resource, yes?

It can't work without an Akonadi resource IF it's built to use Akonadi.
The same applies to many other kdepim 4.8 applications. All of them depend
on having kdepim-runtime 4.8 installed in order to work.

Note that the kdepim Debian packages are still at version 4.4. The problem
here was that KAlarm 4.8/9 was compiled from source instead of being
installed from a package. When Debian kdepim 4.8/4.9 packages become
available, I'm sure our packagers will take care to ensure that this
problem won't occur. So I don't think it is a bug.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:06 PM
"Andreas v. Heydwolff"

> problem won't occur. So I don't think it is a bug.

Agreed.

Andreas