Old 05-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Martin Steigerwald

Default address completion in KMail not working, possible KDE SC 4.8.3 related

Hi!

Address completion from address books stopped working recently.

This might be related to some of the KDE SC 4.8.3 updates. Or to an recent
Akonadi update.

I don´t know. It used to work till a few days ago.

Anyone else had this? Then we could compare setups to hopefully find
something.

Thanks,

Old 05-31-2012, 08:00 AM
Valerio Passini

mercoledì 30 maggio 2012 Steigerwald ha scritto:
> Hi!
>
> Address completion from address books stopped working recently.
>
> This might be related to some of the KDE SC 4.8.3 updates. Or to an recent
> Akonadi update.
>
> I don´t know. It used to work till a few days ago.
>
> Anyone else had this? Then we could compare setups to hopefully find
> something.
>
> Thanks,

giovedì 31 maggio 2012

Address completion it's working for me. I had a problem with akonadi, but it
fixed itself with the last upgrade.
Ciao

Valerio

Old 05-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Mirosław Zalewski

Hi Martin

I think it's very useful to have special user on your system, used only for
testing purposes. This way you can simply do rm -rf ~/.* and relogin to
restore all settings to it's defaults. I use it in all the time when I suspect
I have found the bug - this way I can check if problem is with my configuration
(which has artifacts from older versions of used software), or is it really a
bug.

Under KDE, you can press ctrl+alt+Insert and krunner will give you option to
start new X session. You can switch between these sessions with ctrl+alt+F8
and ctrl+alt+F7.

HTH
--
Best regards