Old 05-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Jan Safranek

Default Anaconda storage module does not see LVM

Hi,

I have one volume group /dev/vgMine with one logical volume
/dev/vgMine/lvMine and I have troubles seeing these devices in Anaconda
storage module. E.g. this simple program does not list them:

<imports omitted>
platform = pyanaconda.platform.getPlatform(None)
storage = pyanaconda.storage.Storage(platform=platform)
storage.devicetree.populate()
print storage.vgs, storage.lvs
--> [] []
print storage.devices
-> neither vgMine nor lvMine is there

I am pretty sure I am doing something wrong, I'd bet you test such basic
cases.

I'm using anaconda-18.2-1.fc18. You can see storage log attached.

It seems /dev/sda1 is correctly detected as lvmpv, but its vgName = None
and vgUUID = None. vgMine is not added to the device tree and later
lvMine is thrown away, because it misses vgMine.

Jan

Old 05-29-2012, 05:13 PM
David Lehman

On Mon, 2012-05-28 at 10:27 +0200, Jan Safranek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have one volume group /dev/vgMine with one logical volume
> /dev/vgMine/lvMine and I have troubles seeing these devices in Anaconda
> storage module. E.g. this simple program does not list them:

Probably you need to inject ANACONDA=1 into the udev environment and
trigger a change event afterwards to get the info anaconda requires into
the udev database:

import os
os.system("udevadm control --env=ANACONDA=1")
os.system("udevadm trigger --subsystem-match block")
os.system("udevadm settle")

Then, when you're done, you can optionally disable the anaconda-specific
rules:

os.system("udevadm control --env=ANACONDA=0")

This assumes you have the anaconda rpm installed on your system. If you
do not, you will need to place data/70-anaconda.rules
into /etc/udev.rules.d/ or somewhere else udev can find them.

David