Old 05-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Martin Steigerwald

Default KDE SC 4.8.3-1 and Dolphin 2

Hi!

These installed well today.

For Dolphin 2 an additional

aptitude -t experimental-snapshots dist-upgrade

was necessary.

First tests with Dolphin went well. Listing the contents of /usr/bin is
real fast now. I didn´t test before, but I know the time it takes in GTK
file requester when I want to select an application for a MIME type in
Iceweasel and this freaking thing doesn´t just let me type in the name.

I get a tree view now. I think it has been a flat detail view before.

Look into this at a later time.

Thanks for the subsequent updates!

Ciao,