Old 05-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Xavier Brochard

Default Owncloud integration with KDE (on Debian)

Diederik de Haas wrote:
> On http://owncloud.org/synchronisation/kde/ there's a description on
how
> to integrate owncloud with KDE.
> I'm running KDE on Debian (Sid/qt-kde.debian.net) which is now a
> combination of 4.7.4 and 4.8.3, with more 4.8.x pkgs on the way.
> is 1.7.2. Currently I don't have the DAV Groupware resource, therefor I
> can not sync owncloud with my Kontact.

Owncloud sync only with CalDav and CardDav (calendar and contact
resources). AFAIK, you can already add a GroupDav resource wich will
provide CalDav. Open Korganizer, go to the Calendars window and add a new
calendar. You will be able to choose a GroupDav resource.

xavier

Old 05-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Xavier Brochard

Xavier Brochard wrote:
> Diederik de Haas wrote:
>> On http://owncloud.org/synchronisation/kde/ there's a description on how
>> to integrate owncloud with KDE.
>> I'm running KDE on Debian (Sid/qt-kde.debian.net) which is now a
>> combination of 4.7.4 and 4.8.3, with more 4.8.x pkgs on the way.
>> is 1.7.2. Currently I don't have the DAV Groupware resource, therefor I
>> can not sync owncloud with my Kontact.
>
> Owncloud sync only with CalDav and CardDav (calendar and contact
> resources). AFAIK, you can already add a GroupDav resource wich will
> provide CalDav. Open Korganizer, go to the Calendars window and add a new
> calendar. You will be able to choose a GroupDav resource.

Have a look in
/usr/share/kde4/services/kresources/kabc/kabc_groupdav.desktop
this is for contacts

and
/usr/share/kde4/services/kresources/kcal/kcal_groupdav.desktop
is for calendar

xavier

Old 05-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Diederik de Haas

On Saturday 26 May 2012 18:48:29 Xavier Brochard wrote:
> Xavier Brochard wrote:
> > Diederik de Haas wrote:
> >> On http://owncloud.org/synchronisation/kde/ there's a description on how
> >> to integrate owncloud with KDE.
> >> I'm running KDE on Debian (Sid/qt-kde.debian.net) which is now a
> >> combination of 4.7.4 and 4.8.3, with more 4.8.x pkgs on the way.
> >> is 1.7.2. Currently I don't have the DAV Groupware resource, therefor I
> >> can not sync owncloud with my Kontact.
> >
> > Owncloud sync only with CalDav and CardDav (calendar and contact
> > resources).

The CalDav/CardDav sync is what I'm after.

> > AFAIK, you can already add a GroupDav resource wich will
> > provide CalDav. Open Korganizer, go to the Calendars window and add a new
> > calendar. You will be able to choose a GroupDav resource.

When I go to Korganizer -> Calendars -> Manager Calendar Sources -> Add ... I see the following
items:
- Birthdays & Anniversaries
- ICal Calendar File
- KDE Calendar (traditional)
- Knut
- Kolab Groupware Server
- Nepomuk Calendar Feeder (which is disabled)

> Have a look in
> /usr/share/kde4/services/kresources/kabc/kabc_groupdav.desktop
> this is for contacts
>
> and
> /usr/share/kde4/services/kresources/kcal/kcal_groupdav.desktop
> is for calendar
>
> xavier

I don't have those files. Do you happen to know what you did to get those?

Diederik

Old 05-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Xavier Brochard

Diederik de Haas wrote:

> On Saturday 26 May 2012 18:48:29 Xavier Brochard wrote:
>> Xavier Brochard wrote:
>> >
>> > Owncloud sync only with CalDav and CardDav (calendar and contact
>> > resources).
>
> The CalDav/CardDav sync is what I'm after.
>
>> > AFAIK, you can already add a GroupDav resource wich will
>> > provide CalDav. Open Korganizer, go to the Calendars window and add a
>> > new calendar. You will be able to choose a GroupDav resource.
>
> When I go to Korganizer -> Calendars -> Manager Calendar Sources -> Add
> ... I see the following items:
> - Birthdays & Anniversaries
> - ICal Calendar File
> - KDE Calendar (traditional)
> - Knut
> - Kolab Groupware Server
> - Nepomuk Calendar Feeder (which is disabled)
>
>> Have a look in
>> /usr/share/kde4/services/kresources/kabc/kabc_groupdav.desktop
>> this is for contacts
>>
>> and
>> /usr/share/kde4/services/kresources/kcal/kcal_groupdav.desktop
>> is for calendar
>>
>> xavier
>
> I don't have those files. Do you happen to know what you did to get those?
>
> Diederik

kdepim-groupware

xa vier

Old 05-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Diederik de Haas

On Saturday 26 May 2012 23:35:43 Xavier Brochard wrote:
> >> Have a look in
> >> /usr/share/kde4/services/kresources/kabc/kabc_groupdav.desktop
> >> this is for contacts
> >> and
> >> /usr/share/kde4/services/kresources/kcal/kcal_groupdav.desktop
> >> is for calendar
> >
> > I don't have those files. Do you happen to know what you did to get
> > those?
>
> kdepim-groupware

I've installed the package and created the resources, but it doesn't work.
I can see in apache's access.log that the request is made and it gives a 207
http status code (similar to CalDavSync from my android device, which does
work), but after that I still don't see the events in my calendar.
I was even less succesful with contacts.

So the original question still stands:
What is needed to get dav support in akonadi, without having to upgrade the
whole kdepim/akonadi stuff to 4.8, so that dav support is available in the KDE
version shipping with Debian Wheezy?

Cheers,
Diederik

Old 05-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Martin Steigerwald

Am Samstag, 26. Mai 2012 schrieb Diederik de Haas:
> Hi,

Hi Diederik,

> On http://owncloud.org/synchronisation/kde/ there's a description on
> how to integrate owncloud with KDE.
> I'm running KDE on Debian (Sid/qt-kde.debian.net) which is now a
> combination of 4.7.4 and 4.8.3, with more 4.8.x pkgs on the way.
> As far as I know it is planned to have KDE 4.8.x in Wheezy, but not all
> of it. Most notable exception will be KMail/Kontact/kdepim/akonadi
> which 4.8.x version most likely won't make it into Wheezy.

Where has that been said?

I didnīt read that anywhere. Modestas wrote:

"Yes. Wheezy will ship with Plasma Workspaces 4.8.4 probably. Some less
popular and useful KDE applications may remain at 4.7 though."

in "Re: KDE 8.3 in wheezy before feature freeze in June?" thread

But cleary doesnīt refer to KDEPIM explicetely. And I think it doesnīt
refer to KDEPIM at all, cause I would not consider it a less popular and
useful package.

That said it may make sense to omit KDEPIM 2. But it might also be good to
include. I donīt know without any testing so far. kdepim and kdepim-users
mailinglist have gotten quieter about problems with it.

Ciao,

Old 05-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Kevin Krammer

On Sunday, 2012-05-27, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Samstag, 26. Mai 2012 schrieb Diederik de Haas:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi Diederik,
>
> > On http://owncloud.org/synchronisation/kde/ there's a description on
> > how to integrate owncloud with KDE.
> > I'm running KDE on Debian (Sid/qt-kde.debian.net) which is now a
> > combination of 4.7.4 and 4.8.3, with more 4.8.x pkgs on the way.
> > As far as I know it is planned to have KDE 4.8.x in Wheezy, but not all
> > of it. Most notable exception will be KMail/Kontact/kdepim/akonadi
> > which 4.8.x version most likely won't make it into Wheezy.
>
> Where has that been said?
>
> I didnīt read that anywhere. Modestas wrote:
>
> "Yes. Wheezy will ship with Plasma Workspaces 4.8.4 probably. Some less
> popular and useful KDE applications may remain at 4.7 though."
>
> in "Re: KDE 8.3 in wheezy before feature freeze in June?" thread
>
> But cleary doesnīt refer to KDEPIM explicetely. And I think it doesnīt
> refer to KDEPIM at all, cause I would not consider it a less popular and
> useful package.
>
> That said it may make sense to omit KDEPIM 2. But it might also be good to
> include. I donīt know without any testing so far. kdepim and kdepim-users
> mailinglist have gotten quieter about problems with it.

Maybe it would be possible to include kdepim-runtime 4.8 (the resources) but
keep kdepim (the apps) at 4.4?

Cheers,
Kevin

Old 05-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Martin Steigerwald

Am Sonntag, 27. Mai 2012 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> On Sunday, 2012-05-27, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 26. Mai 2012 schrieb Diederik de Haas:
> > > Hi,
> >
> > Hi Diederik,
> >
> > > On http://owncloud.org/synchronisation/kde/ there's a description
> > > on how to integrate owncloud with KDE.
> > > I'm running KDE on Debian (Sid/qt-kde.debian.net) which is now a
> > > combination of 4.7.4 and 4.8.3, with more 4.8.x pkgs on the way.
> > > As far as I know it is planned to have KDE 4.8.x in Wheezy, but not
> > > all of it. Most notable exception will be
> > > KMail/Kontact/kdepim/akonadi which 4.8.x version most likely won't
> > > make it into Wheezy.
> >
> > Where has that been said?
> >
> > I didnīt read that anywhere. Modestas wrote:
> >
> > "Yes. Wheezy will ship with Plasma Workspaces 4.8.4 probably. Some
> > less popular and useful KDE applications may remain at 4.7 though."
> >
> > in "Re: KDE 8.3 in wheezy before feature freeze in June?" thread
> >
> > But cleary doesnīt refer to KDEPIM explicetely. And I think it
> > doesnīt refer to KDEPIM at all, cause I would not consider it a less
> > popular and useful package.
> >
> > That said it may make sense to omit KDEPIM 2. But it might also be
> > good to include. I donīt know without any testing so far. kdepim and
> > kdepim-users mailinglist have gotten quieter about problems with it.
>
> Maybe it would be possible to include kdepim-runtime 4.8 (the
> resources) but keep kdepim (the apps) at 4.4?

I wonder how to best come to a decision on whether to include KDEPIM 2
completely or not. Not including it would likely keep it out of Debian for
several years to come.

And in KDE SC 4.8.4 AFAIR will be some more bugfixes again regarding it.

Maybe its time to really test it. Would be nice to have some test packages
for it for the adventurous.

Sorry for accidentally dropping Cc. I leave it dropped for now, since this
is a Debian decision not directly related to Owncloud. Feel free to add it
in again.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Diederik de Haas

On Sunday 27 May 2012 10:50:20 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hi Diederik,

Hi Martin,

> > On http://owncloud.org/synchronisation/kde/ there's a description on
> > how to integrate owncloud with KDE.
> > I'm running KDE on Debian (Sid/qt-kde.debian.net) which is now a
> > combination of 4.7.4 and 4.8.3, with more 4.8.x pkgs on the way.
> > As far as I know it is planned to have KDE 4.8.x in Wheezy, but not all
> > of it. Most notable exception will be KMail/Kontact/kdepim/akonadi
> > which 4.8.x version most likely won't make it into Wheezy.
>
> Where has that been said?

It may have never been said (explicitly), but that's at least the impression I
got from following the ML and discussions on irc.
I got the impression that KMail2 was associated with (possible) dataloss and I
can understand that you wouldn't want such an application in a debian stable
release. And since my KMail version is 1.13.7, we can safely say it's not
KMail2, which was introduced in KDE SC 4.6 or 4.7, so that also likely means
that the components related to that (kdepim/akonadi) aren't updated to the
latest versions available.

Apart from that, this mail was a direct consequence of a question I asked on irc
on how to get CalDav/CardDav working as described in the linked article and the
response was "if you want dav support in akonadi, let us know what is actually
needed to get it".

And I expected that if I made factual errors I'd corrected on the mailing list,
which thus far, hasn't happened.

Cheers,
Diederik

Old 05-28-2012, 08:30 AM
Martin Steigerwald

Am Sonntag, 27. Mai 2012 schrieb Diederik de Haas:
> On Sunday 27 May 2012 10:50:20 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Hi Diederik,
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> > > On http://owncloud.org/synchronisation/kde/ there's a description
> > > on how to integrate owncloud with KDE.
> > > I'm running KDE on Debian (Sid/qt-kde.debian.net) which is now a
> > > combination of 4.7.4 and 4.8.3, with more 4.8.x pkgs on the way.
> > > As far as I know it is planned to have KDE 4.8.x in Wheezy, but not
> > > all of it. Most notable exception will be
> > > KMail/Kontact/kdepim/akonadi which 4.8.x version most likely won't
> > > make it into Wheezy.
> >
> > Where has that been said?
>
> It may have never been said (explicitly), but that's at least the
> impression I got from following the ML and discussions on irc.
> I got the impression that KMail2 was associated with (possible)
> dataloss and I can understand that you wouldn't want such an

It was. But that has been an earlier version of it than from KDE SC 4.8.x.
I have not seen a data loss report on kdepim or kdepim-users for quite
some time.

> And I expected that if I made factual errors I'd corrected on the
> mailing list, which thus far, hasn't happened.

A expectation may or may not be met and thus a statement without
contradiction does not imply truth.

I prefer to leave the answer to "Will Wheezy include KDEPIM 2?" open until
the Debian Qt/KDE team who does the work decides officially.

Its their decision at the time they want to decide it.

I tend to like to have KDEPIM 2 included. But then I didnīt test it so
far.

It might also be possible to include it as backport at a later time, but
this is extra effort and might at that time with a newer version of KDEPIM
2 also require backporting other parts of KDE SC.