Old 05-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Diederik de Haas

Default Owncloud integration with KDE (on Debian)

On Sunday 27 May 2012 11:15:36 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 26. Mai 2012 schrieb Diederik de Haas:
> > > Hi,
> >
> > > On http://owncloud.org/synchronisation/kde/ there's a description on
> > > how to integrate owncloud with KDE.
> > > I'm running KDE on Debian (Sid/qt-kde.debian.net) which is now a
> > > combination of 4.7.4 and 4.8.3, with more 4.8.x pkgs on the way.
> > > As far as I know it is planned to have KDE 4.8.x in Wheezy, but not all
> > > of it. Most notable exception will be KMail/Kontact/kdepim/akonadi
> > > which 4.8.x version most likely won't make it into Wheezy.
>
> Maybe it would be possible to include kdepim-runtime 4.8 (the resources)
> but keep kdepim (the apps) at 4.4?

Is that possible? That seems like it would resolve my issue.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Diederik

Old 05-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Diederik de Haas

On Monday 28 May 2012 10:30:25 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > And I expected that if I made factual errors I'd corrected on the
> > mailing list, which thus far, hasn't happened.
>
> A expectation may or may not be met and thus a statement without
> contradiction does not imply truth.

Seriously? How is a discussion about potential linguistical issues get me any
closer to a solution of my problem?

> I prefer to leave the answer to "Will Wheezy include KDEPIM 2?" open until
> the Debian Qt/KDE team who does the work decides officially.

Feel free to start your _own_ thread about it.

> "if you want dav support in akonadi, let us know what is actually
> needed to get it"

Maybe there's a relation with that question and the Debian Qt/KDE team?

Cheers,
Diederik

Old 05-31-2012, 06:32 AM

Hello,

Just for your Interest:

I use kontact 4.7.3 and kmail 4.7.4 (packages are from
http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/ppa/ubuntu oneiric main) on a debian sid
(kde 4.7.4 with two imap mailaccounts and one mailaccount with davmail as a
gateway to an M$ exchange server).

I did not manage to migrate my old mailboxes (the davmail has been new, the
imap mails resided on the imap servers ). But the new System works flawlessly.
Calendar, addressbook and appointment functions ... every works as expected.

One problem remains: when waking up from suspend to RAM, in 95% of all cases I
must restart the akonadi server to get new mails.

Cioa ari