Old 05-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Diederik de Haas

Default Owncloud integration with KDE (on Debian)

Hi,

On http://owncloud.org/synchronisation/kde/ there's a description on how to integrate owncloud with
KDE.
I'm running KDE on Debian (Sid/qt-kde.debian.net) which is now a combination of 4.7.4 and 4.8.3,
with more 4.8.x pkgs on the way.
As far as I know it is planned to have KDE 4.8.x in Wheezy, but not all of it.
Most notable exception will be KMail/Kontact/kdepim/akonadi which 4.8.x version most likely won't
make it into Wheezy.
My current version of KMail for example is 1.13.7 and akonadictl's version is 1.7.2.
Currently I don't have the DAV Groupware resource, therefor I can not sync owncloud with my Kontact.

My goal (hope?) is to make it possible to do just that with KDE/Owncloud in Debian Wheezy.
So my question is:
What is needed to get dav support in akonadi, without having to upgrade the whole kdepim/akonadi
stuff to 4.8, so that dav support is available in the KDE version shipping with Debian Wheezy?

Thanks in advance,
Diederik