Old 05-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Adriano Vilela Barbosa

Default Vertical scrolling in KDE text editors

Hello,

I have noticed that when vertically scrolling a text document in the
KDE text editors (Kate, Kwrite, Kile), the scroll happens one
paragraph at a time, instead of one line at a time. I don't know if
this is some recent change, but I just hate it. Does anybody know if
it's possible to change this behavior?

Thanks a lot,

Adriano

Old 05-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Benjamin Eikel

Hello Adriano,

Am Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2012, 16:55:02 schrieb Adriano Vilela Barbosa:
> Hello,
>
> I have noticed that when vertically scrolling a text document in the
> KDE text editors (Kate, Kwrite, Kile), the scroll happens one
> paragraph at a time, instead of one line at a time. I don't know if
> this is some recent change, but I just hate it. Does anybody know if
> it's possible to change this behavior?

I cannot reproduce this behavior. I am using Debian unstable. Are you using
unstable too? This question implies if you have Qt in version 4.8.1. What kind
of files are you viewing when you notice this behavior?

Regards
Benjamin

Old 05-09-2012, 03:26 PM
reini

Am Mittwoch 09.05.2012, 16:55:02 schrieb Adriano Vilela Barbosa:
> Hello,
>
> I have noticed that when vertically scrolling a text document in the
> KDE text editors (Kate, Kwrite, Kile),

How are you scrolling? Mouse wheel? The buttons on the scroll bar? The
keyboard?

> the scroll happens one
> paragraph at a time, instead of one line at a time. I don't know if
> this is some recent change, but I just hate it. Does anybody know if
> it's possible to change this behavior?

I'm using the latest KDE and QT from unstable and can't reproduce this
behaviour with a normal text document and kate.

--reini