Old 04-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Will Kraft

Default RFS: RoboJournal

Hello,

I'm writing to request sponsorship for RoboJournal, a journal/diary program written in Qt and released under GPL3. I'm contacting your group because I’ve heard that Debian-KDE also handles Qt projects.* There are very few journal/diary tools in Debian, so I felt the need to write my own. RoboJournal has been under development for about 7 months and allows users to create journals on local systems or remotely by using databases to hold the entry data.* Although RoboJournal is not a mature app yet,* it is stable, usable, and all major bugs in the codebase (as of version 0.2) have been fixed. This is the first project that I’ve ever packaged for Linux and I'm relatively new to the process, so I hope I’ve done everything correctly.

Package name: robojournal
Architectures: i386* and AMD64
License: GPL3
Short Description: "Free journaling software for everyone"
Long Description: "RoboJournal is a cross-platform journal/diary tool written in Qt/C++.
Right now, RoboJournal only supports MySQL but support for SQLite (and
possibly Postgres) will be added in future releases. RoboJournal runs on
Windows and Linux."

Download:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/robojournal/files/Linux/robojournal_0.2_amd64.deb/download

http://sourceforge.net/projects/robojournal/files/Linux/robojournal_0.2_i386.deb/download

Thanks,

Will Kraft

Old 04-26-2012, 07:11 AM
Ritesh Raj Sarraf

Hello Will,

On Thursday 26 April 2012 02:51 AM, Will Kraft wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm writing to request sponsorship for RoboJournal, a
> journal/diary program written in Qt and released under GPL3. I'm
> contacting your group because I’ve heard that Debian-KDE also
> handles Qt projects. There are very few journal/diary tools in
> Debian, so I felt the need to write my own. RoboJournal has been
> under development for about 7 months and allows users to create
> journals on local systems or remotely by using databases to hold
> the entry data. Although RoboJournal is not a mature app yet, it
> is stable, usable, and all major bugs in the codebase (as of
> version 0.2) have been fixed. This is the first project that I’ve
> ever packaged for Linux and I'm relatively new to the process, so I
> hope I’ve done everything correctly.

This is good. Most journal software I have explored do not have a
tagging feature. Does Robojournal have it ?
- From the screenshots on the homepage, it does not seem to.

> Package name: robojournal Architectures: i386 and AMD64 License:
> GPL3 Short Description: "Free journaling software for everyone"
> Long Description: "RoboJournal is a cross-platform journal/diary
> tool written in Qt/C++. Right now, RoboJournal only supports MySQL
> but support for SQLite (and possibly Postgres) will be added in
> future releases. RoboJournal runs on Windows and Linux."
>
> Download:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/robojournal/files/Linux/robojournal_0.2_amd64.deb/download

http://sourceforge.net/projects/robojournal/files/Linux/robojournal_0.2_i386.deb/download

Please provide a link to the full packaging work. Typically the
debian/ changes. When you built, you would have generated .changes and
.dsc file. Easiest way is to upload it to mentors.debian.net and then
provide the link here, requesting for sponsorship.

> Thanks,
>
> Will Kraft

- --
Given the large number of mailing lists I follow, I request you to CC me
in replies for quicker response