Old 04-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Bruce Sass

Default konsole: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Hi,

I have a profile set up with the command: su -c /bin/bash
and recently (since KDE 4.7, maybe 4.6, or perhaps kernel 3.2.0) it has
started spitting out:

"""
bash: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappropriate ioctl for device
bash: no job control in this shell
"""

which causes things like pre-configuring to fail when running "apt-get upgrade"
from the session.

It is no big deal ATM ("Command: su -" works fine) but I'm wondering if it is a
KDE/Konsole or kernel thing and if there is a work around.

- Bruce

Old 04-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Bruce Sass

On April 22, 2012 05:42:13 PM I wrote:
> """
> bash: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappropriate ioctl for
> device bash: no job control in this shell
> """

Forgot to mention... this is an up to date Unstable amd64 system.