Old 04-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Andreas Bourges

Default caldav options in kde 4.7.4

Hi,

...I'm looking for a way to connect my debian kde 4.7.4 / kdepim 4.4.11 to a
sogo server for shared calendars. Using the integrated groupDav plugin did not
work (kontact is showing errors when accessing those calendars, but initial
communication seems to work since I can select the desired calendar from the
folder-list during configuration...).

So I decided to use the calDav plugin from google
(http://code.google.com/p/kcaldav, not maintained anymore). Using the plugin I
can integrate the remote calendars and everything works fine (besides modifying
existing entries...).

*But* when using the the above package (which was built for a ubuntu version)
kontact/korganizer crashes over and over again (multiple times and hour, maybe
related to the synchronisation...).

So is there a good way of using calDav in 4.7.4 without using the problematic
calDav-plugin from google?

Any other method of using remote-calendars from SOGo in kde?

thanks and regards,

Andy

Old 04-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Leopold Palomo Avellaneda

A Dimarts, 17 d'abril de 2012, Andreas Bourges va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> ...I'm looking for a way to connect my debian kde 4.7.4 / kdepim 4.4.11 to
> a sogo server for shared calendars. Using the integrated groupDav plugin
> did not work (kontact is showing errors when accessing those calendars,
> but initial communication seems to work since I can select the desired
> calendar from the folder-list during configuration...).

Me too...

> So I decided to use the calDav plugin from google
> (http://code.google.com/p/kcaldav, not maintained anymore). Using the
> plugin I can integrate the remote calendars and everything works fine
> (besides modifying existing entries...).
>
> *But* when using the the above package (which was built for a ubuntu
> version) kontact/korganizer crashes over and over again (multiple times
> and hour, maybe related to the synchronisation...).
>

> So is there a good way of using calDav in 4.7.4 without using the
> problematic calDav-plugin from google?

I think that no ...

> Any other method of using remote-calendars from SOGo in kde?

not using an kde application that use akonadi or use iceowl

I'm using iceowl and works great with sogo. However, I'm waiting to could use
kmail (specially contacts) with sogo.

AFAIK the kdepim integration in debian is a hot topic. The kdepim list is
plenty of mails with people complaining about problems with kdepim. Also, I
think that the some people in this list have an strong opinion against to
package a new version kdepim waiting a new tested version.

Really I would love to test kdepim4.8.x.

Best regards,

Leo

Linux User 152692 PGP: 0xF944807E
Catalonia

Old 04-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Martin Steigerwald

Am Dienstag, 17. April 2012 schrieb Leopold Palomo Avellaneda:
> AFAIK the kdepim integration in debian is a hot topic. The kdepim list
> is plenty of mails with people complaining about problems with
> kdepim. Also, I think that the some people in this list have an strong
> opinion against to package a new version kdepim waiting a new tested
> version.
>
> Really I would love to test kdepim4.8.x.

I would like to test it as well.

But ideally without disrupting my productive setup for now.

I think of using some VM for first tests.

I have a *huge* dataset. I posted my thoughts on kdepim-users some time
ago.