Old 04-04-2012, 04:38 AM
Detlev Brodowski

Default Timeline for Qt 4.8.1 ?

Dear kde maintainers,

thank you for your great job.

Since the new kde packages are in testing I want to ask carfully when do
you plan to package the new Qt release 4.8.1 for sid?

The reason of my question: the 4.8.x release contains a feature which
I'm waiting whichfully since approx. 2 years - the SNI TLS extension

Kind regards,
Detlev

Old 04-14-2012, 01:04 AM
shirish शिरीष

Dear Detlev,
Just a user here, while I'm also curious as to when QT 4.8.1 lands in
sid/unstable, what is this the SNI TLS extension ? TLS IIRC is
something to do with security AFAIK.
--
* * * * * Regards,
* * * * * Shirish Agarwal* शिरीष अग्रवाल

Old 04-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Detlev Brodowski

Am Samstag, 14. April 2012, 03:04:51 schrieb shirish शिरीष:
> Dear Detlev,
> Just a user here, while I'm also curious as to when QT 4.8.1 lands in
> sid/unstable, what is this the SNI TLS extension ? TLS IIRC is
> something to do with security AFAIK.

Hi Shirish,

with the TLS extension SNI it is possible to have multiple ssl-aware
Apache vhosts on one IP address/port (socket).

Look at:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication

https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/merge_requests/1574

Best regards