Old 03-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Filipus Klutiero

Default KOrganizer half-broken after upgrade of rest of KDE to 4.7 - does not show existing data

On 2012-03-19 18:38, Mirosław Zalewski wrote:

On 19/03/2012 at 22:55, Filipus Klutiero<chealer@gmail.com> wrote:

I cannot see the box you refer to. I checked the menus for a while and I
frankly don't see why I don't have it. Could you send a screenshot of
how KOrganizer looks for you?

Sure. It's so big and obvious, I had hard time finding it too . I attached
screenshot to my message.

Oh! Thanks, I would never have figured that out without the screenshot.
The panels of KOrganizer are resizable. It looks like I must have
decided I used a single calendar a long time ago and reduced that one to
the minimum, so I was not seeing the Calendars panel at all. The only
way to get it back was to take the bar at complete bottom of the window,
left, and to raise it. Then I was able to add new calendars.

At least one user is reportedly affected by this problem even with
KOrganizer 4.8.1. Is anyone not affected by this problem? Here, 2
existing users on 2 are affected. I also created a new user just to be
sure, and that new user also couldn't create events.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Antonio Bernardi

On 2012-03-20 17:38:39, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
> (...) Is anyone not affected by this problem?

+1, and for 24 hours not given any possibility to modify events. Today, at
high noon, misteriuosly everything went fine.

Antonio Bernardi

Old 03-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Mirosław Zalewski

On 20/03/2012 at 17:38, Filipus Klutiero <chealer@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh! Thanks, I would never have figured that out without the screenshot.
> The panels of KOrganizer are resizable. It looks like I must have
> decided I used a single calendar a long time ago and reduced that one to
> the minimum, so I was not seeing the Calendars panel at all.

Same story here .

After digging through all possible toolbar options and googling like mad man,
I finally watch some video tutorial for configuring KOrganizer to work with
google calendar. It is only after watching this video when I realized how
*obvious* it is to add new calendar.

Well, it is obvious when you know that...

> I also created a new user just to be
> sure, and that new user also couldn't create events.

In some way it is logical that new user can't create events. I mean - it is
new user without any configuration, so he or she has no calendars at all, not
to mention default one. So KOrganizer is right to tell user that events can
not be created (KOrganizer does not know where to save that info). Although it
would be nice, if KOrganizer could find out if user has no calendars set up and
ask, if he or she would like to create one.

The real problem is that after simply upgrading KDE, KOrganizer forgets about
(all?) calendars, leaving user in confusion. Software upgrade should not lead
to that, at least not without clear warning. But maybe I have missed something
(I have apt-listchanges installed)?
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski