Since upgrade to KDE 4.7.4 desktop effects do not work anymore
Op 19 maart 2012 19:39 heeft Brad Rogers <email@example.com> het
> Hello Luc,
>> Till yesterdays upgrade of Debian Wheezy / KDE from 4.6.5 to 4.7.4 the
>> desktop effects on my PC worked. * Now they stopped working.
> Like you, I have an nVidia card, and use their driver. *Unlike you,
> effects are working here.
> Try moving ~/.kde (after logging out), and see what happens.
Actually that is how I started, To make the story complete:
1. I have 2 PC´s and a file-server (NFS), the 2 PC´s are on Wheezy.
Both PC´s have local install, so / and /home is on the file-server
2. I dist-upgraded on PC1 (did not check effects on this PC)
3. I dist-upgraded PC2; now I could NOT login to this PC:
I get the KDM screen, but between 3 and 5 icon (disk,...., kde)
I was thrown into the KDM login screen again
4. so I went into local root and deleted .kde from the users home-dir
5. Next I could log in, had to redo my whole desktop settings again and
6. found out desktop effects not working
So: should I try again ?
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Archive: CAPwJL9x8t-Pa-UrLgwWfVsGg_zV=K3r6begeuA5gh9ViT0LV7Q@mail.gmail.c om">http://lists.debian.org/CAPwJL9x8t-Pa-UrLgwWfVsGg_zV=K3r6begeuA5gh9ViT0LV7Q@mail.gmail.c om