-   -   Wheezy: Amarok won't start up (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kde/642400-wheezy-amarok-wont-start-up.html)

Robert van den Berg 03-08-2012 06:18 PM

Wheezy: Amarok won't start up

Hi all,

Amarok 2.5.0-1 won't start anymore. When I run it from the command line I get
the following output (I have the amarok-dbg package installed.):

~$ amarok --debug
KGlobal::locale::Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a valid
main component instead of a fake component, this usually means you tried to
call i18n related functions before your main component was created. You should
not do that since it most likely will not work
amarok: BEGIN: App::App()
amarok: BEGIN: void App::continueInit()
amarok: BEGIN: EngineController::EngineController()
amarok: END__: EngineController::EngineController() [Took: 0s]
amarok: BEGIN: void EngineController::initializePhonon()
[0x897e044] main services discovery error: no suitable services discovery
module
amarok: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/qt4/plugins/phonon_backend/phonon_vlc.so: undefined symbol:
libvlc_audio_filter_list_get
unnamed app(13691): Communication problem with "amarok" , it probably
crashed.
Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not
receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "

When I check the kdm.log I see the following
~$ sudo tail --lines=100 /var/log/kdm.log.1
klauncher(1515) kdemain: No DBUS session-bus found. Check if you have started
the DBUS server.
kdeinit4: Communication error with launcher. Exiting!
kdmgreet(1488)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*): KSystemTimeZones: ktimezoned
initialize() D-Bus call failed: "Not connected to D-Bus server"

In the other logs I checked I couldn't find anything interesting.

I tried to rename ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/ but that didn't change anything.

Anyone else seen this, or anyone an idea what I can try?

Cheers,

Robert

Daniel 03-08-2012 06:50 PM

Wheezy: Amarok won't start up

On Jueves, 8 de Marzo de 2012 20:18:57 Robert van den Berg escribió:
> In the other logs I checked I couldn't find anything interesting.
>
> I tried to rename ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/ but that didn't change
> anything.
>
> Anyone else seen this, or anyone an idea what I can try?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Robert

I'm using wheezy with amarok 2.5.0-1 and can't reproduce the problem.

The first lines of the command amarok --debug are:

KGlobal::locale::Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a valid
main component instead of a fake component, this usually means you tried to
call i18n related functions before your main comp
onent was created. You should not do that since it most likely will not work
amarok: BEGIN: App::App()
amarok: BEGIN: void App::continueInit()
amarok: BEGIN: EngineController::EngineController()
amarok: END__: EngineController::EngineController() [Took: 0s]
amarok: BEGIN: void EngineController::initializePhonon()
amarok: [EngineController] Tick Interval (actual): 100
amarok: END__: void EngineController::initializePhonon() [Took: 0.61s]
amarok: BEGIN: MainWindow::MainWindow()
amarok: BEGIN: CollectionManager::CollectionManager()
amarok: END__: CollectionManager::CollectionManager() [Took: 0s]
amarok: BEGIN: Plugins::PluginManager::PluginManager(QObject*)

Maybe, this can help you.

Daniel.

Facundo Aguilera 03-08-2012 07:14 PM

Wheezy: Amarok won't start up

El Jue 08 Mar 2012 16:18:57 Robert van den Berg escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> Amarok 2.5.0-1 won't start anymore. When I run it from the command line I get
> the following output (I have the amarok-dbg package installed.):
>
> ~$ amarok --debug
> KGlobal::locale::Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a valid
> main component instead of a fake component, this usually means you tried to
> call i18n related functions before your main component was created. You should
> not do that since it most likely will not work
> amarok: BEGIN: App::App()
> amarok: BEGIN: void App::continueInit()
> amarok: BEGIN: EngineController::EngineController()
> amarok: END__: EngineController::EngineController() [Took: 0s]
> amarok: BEGIN: void EngineController::initializePhonon()
> [0x897e044] main services discovery error: no suitable services discovery
> module
> amarok: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/phonon_backend/phonon_vlc.so: undefined symbol:
> libvlc_audio_filter_list_get
> unnamed app(13691): Communication problem with "amarok" , it probably
> crashed.
> Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not
> receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "
>

> When I check the kdm.log I see the following
> ~$ sudo tail --lines=100 /var/log/kdm.log.1
> klauncher(1515) kdemain: No DBUS session-bus found. Check if you have started
> the DBUS server.
> kdeinit4: Communication error with launcher. Exiting!
> kdmgreet(1488)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*): KSystemTimeZones: ktimezoned
> initialize() D-Bus call failed: "Not connected to D-Bus server"
>
> In the other logs I checked I couldn't find anything interesting.
>
> I tried to rename ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/ but that didn't change anything.
>
> Anyone else seen this, or anyone an idea what I can try?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Robert

I have the same problem with phonon_vlc.so. Uninstall phonon-backend-vlc and use phonon-backend-gstreamer.

Facu

Florian Kulzer 03-08-2012 07:19 PM

Wheezy: Amarok won't start up

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 20:18:57 +0100, Robert van den Berg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Amarok 2.5.0-1 won't start anymore. When I run it from the command line I get
> the following output (I have the amarok-dbg package installed.):
>
> ~$ amarok --debug

[...]

> amarok: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/phonon_backend/phonon_vlc.so: undefined symbol:
> libvlc_audio_filter_list_get

Amarok is looking for libvlc_audio_filter_list_get, which your installed
version of libvlc5 does not seem to provide.

For further diagnosis, please post the output of:

ldd /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/phonon_backend/phonon_vlc.so | grep vlc
nm -D /usr/lib/libvlc.so.5 | grep filter
apt-cache policy libvlc5

--
Regards, |
Florian | http://www.florian-kulzer.eu

Modestas Vainius 03-08-2012 08:41 PM

Wheezy: Amarok won't start up

Hello,

On ketvirtadienis 08 Kovas 2012 22:19:55 Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 20:18:57 +0100, Robert van den Berg wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Amarok 2.5.0-1 won't start anymore. When I run it from the command line I
> > get the following output (I have the amarok-dbg package installed.):
> >
> > ~$ amarok --debug
>
> [...]
>
> > amarok: symbol lookup error:
> > /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/phonon_backend/phonon_vlc.so: undefined symbol:
> > libvlc_audio_filter_list_get
>
> Amarok is looking for libvlc_audio_filter_list_get, which your installed
> version of libvlc5 does not seem to provide.
>
> For further diagnosis, please post the output of:
>
> ldd /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/phonon_backend/phonon_vlc.so | grep vlc
> nm -D /usr/lib/libvlc.so.5 | grep filter
> apt-cache policy libvlc5

In addition post output of

$ dpkg -l libvlc5

--
Modestas Vainius <modax@debian.org>

Robert van den Berg 03-09-2012 06:22 PM

Wheezy: Amarok won't start up

On Thursday 08 March 2012 22:41:03 Modestas Vainius wrote:

> On ketvirtadienis 08 Kovas 2012 22:19:55 Florian Kulzer wrote:

Thanks a lot for your advice, it turned out there was a version conflict
between the debian repositories and the debian multimedia repository.

You've probably seen this happen a thousand times, so I'm sorry for
overlooking this.

Cheers and have a great weekend.

Robert

Martin Steigerwald 03-10-2012 06:52 PM

Wheezy: Amarok won't start up

Am Freitag, 9. März 2012 schrieb Robert van den Berg:
> On Thursday 08 March 2012 22:41:03 Modestas Vainius wrote:
> > On ketvirtadienis 08 Kovas 2012 22:19:55 Florian Kulzer wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your advice, it turned out there was a version
> conflict between the debian repositories and the debian multimedia
> repository.
>
> You've probably seen this happen a thousand times, so I'm sorry for
> overlooking this.
>
> Cheers and have a great weekend.

I have this in /etc/apt/preferences, for exactly this reason:

Explanation: Manchmal Konflikte mit offiziellen Paketquellen, 15.6.2011
Package: *
Pin: release o=Unofficial Multimedia Packages
Pin-Priority: 200

(german text means: Sometimes conflicts with official repositories)

I try to use as less from Debian Multimedia as possible, but some packages
I do like to install from there.

Ciao,