Old 03-08-2012, 12:41 PM
José Manuel Santamaría Lema

Default KDE SC 4.7.4 uploaded to sid

Hello,

yesterday Ana and Pino finished the uploads of KDE SC 4.7.4. That doesn't mean
that we can assure that all the packages are available in your local mirror,
but probably they are already updated, so it's a reasonable moment to upgrade
from 4.6.5 to 4.7.4. As always, I recommend you to pay atttention to the
packages that your package manager is willing to remove.

If you are wondering "my package manager is willing to remove the foo package,
is it ok to remove it?" please read the "Packages Renamed" section of this old
4.7 announcement mail:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2011/11/msg00018.html
Also, removing libscience4 is fine. If you still have doubts, don't hesitate to
ask for help.

For those who installed 4.7.4 from experimental following the instructions in
our homepage: please remove the /etc/apt/preferences.d/kde-experimental file.
After removing that file, update your system and make sure that the libkdecore5
version is at least 4:4.7.4-3, you can do it with
apt-show-versions libkdecore5
Also, just for your information, you can check which experimental packages are
installed on your system with:
apt-show-versions | grep experimental

Old 03-08-2012, 04:35 PM
"tv.debian@googlemail.com"

08/03/2012 14:41, José Manuel Santamaría Lema wrote:
> Hello,
>
> yesterday Ana and Pino finished the uploads of KDE SC 4.7.4. That doesn't mean
> that we can assure that all the packages are available in your local mirror,
> but probably they are already updated, so it's a reasonable moment to upgrade
> from 4.6.5 to 4.7.4. As always, I recommend you to pay atttention to the
> packages that your package manager is willing to remove.
>
> If you are wondering "my package manager is willing to remove the foo package,
> is it ok to remove it?" please read the "Packages Renamed" section of this old
> 4.7 announcement mail:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2011/11/msg00018.html
> Also, removing libscience4 is fine. If you still have doubts, don't hesitate to
> ask for help.
>
> For those who installed 4.7.4 from experimental following the instructions in
> our homepage: please remove the /etc/apt/preferences.d/kde-experimental file.
> After removing that file, update your system and make sure that the libkdecore5
> version is at least 4:4.7.4-3, you can do it with
> apt-show-versions libkdecore5
> Also, just for your information, you can check which experimental packages are
> installed on your system with:
> apt-show-versions | grep experimental

Hi, after upgrading from 4.6 I have a bug with marble globe used as a
desktop background, it makes plasma crash very quickly. I moved aside my
".kde" folder, and in the new session I set marble as desktop
background, plasma crashes very quickly and kept crashing when restarted.

After some grep'ing I replaced "marble" with "image" in
".kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc" and got a stable plasma again.

I am on amd64 with NVidia closed-source drive if it matters.

Anyone can confirm this ?