Old 03-04-2012, 11:13 PM
José Manuel Santamaría Lema

Default KDE SC 4.7.4 being uploaded to unstable

Hello,

the upload of KDE SC 4.7.4 started today and will continue tomorrow. I
recommend you to not upgrade at least until all the packages are uploaded.
When done I'll send another mail to this mailing list.

Good night from UTC+1.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Martin Steigerwald

Am Montag, 5. März 2012 schrieb José Manuel Santamaría Lema:
> Hello,

Hi José,

> the upload of KDE SC 4.7.4 started today and will continue tomorrow. I
> recommend you to not upgrade at least until all the packages are
> uploaded. When done I'll send another mail to this mailing list.
>
> Good night from UTC+1.

Great!

So that was the kdelibs upgrade today. Does your hint to wait for all
packages apply also to those who already have KDE SC 4.7.4 from
experimental?

Many thanks to you and all other developers involved in that!

Ciao,

Old 03-05-2012, 10:08 AM
José Manuel Santamaría Lema

Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de>
> Am Montag, 5. März 2012 schrieb José Manuel Santamaría Lema:
> > Hello,
>
> Hi José,
>
> > the upload of KDE SC 4.7.4 started today and will continue tomorrow. I
> > recommend you to not upgrade at least until all the packages are
> > uploaded. When done I'll send another mail to this mailing list.
> >
> > Good night from UTC+1.
>
> Great!
>
> So that was the kdelibs upgrade today. Does your hint to wait for all
> packages apply also to those who already have KDE SC 4.7.4 from
> experimental?

No, It would be difficult to break something if you are upgrading from the 4.7.4
packages from experimental, so, yes, my hint was targeted for those who are
upgrading from 4.6.5.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Iki Sham

For us that are using 4.7.4 from experimental, do you recommend that
we disable the pinning and revert to sid (like if the experimental
state may get messed up/'unmaintained' in the following days)?
TY.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:50 PM
José Manuel Santamaría Lema

Iki Sham <ikisham@gmail.com>
> For us that are using 4.7.4 from experimental, do you recommend that
> we disable the pinning and revert to sid (like if the experimental
> state may get messed up/'unmaintained' in the following days)?
> TY.

I planned to explain this later in other mail, but yes, you should remove that
/etc/apt/preferences.d/kde-experimental file. It's your choice if you do it
right now or you wait until all the packages are uploaded.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:50 AM
David Goodenough

On Monday 05 Mar 2012, José Manuel Santamaría Lema wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the upload of KDE SC 4.7.4 started today and will continue tomorrow. I
> recommend you to not upgrade at least until all the packages are uploaded.
> When done I'll send another mail to this mailing list.
>
> Good night from UTC+1.
Is there somewhere a list of redudant packages that we can expect to be
removed? There are still about 20 pacakges apt-get wants to remove and I
am unsure if this is because not everything has migrated yet or because
these are genuinely no longer needed.

David

Old 03-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Eshat Cakar

Hi David,

> On Monday 05 Mar 2012, José Manuel Santamaría Lema wrote:
> > [...]
> > I recommend you to not upgrade at least until all the
> > packages are uploaded. When done I'll send another mail to this
> > mailing list.
> >
> > Good night from UTC+1.
> Is there somewhere a list of redudant packages that we can expect to
> be removed? There are still about 20 pacakges apt-get wants to
> remove and I am unsure if this is because not everything has migrated
> yet or because these are genuinely no longer needed.

just read again what José wrote above.
And since he did not write a mail yet, stay away from upgrading.

Regards,

Eshat

--
eshat cakar
web: www.eshat.de gpg-id: 799B 95D5

Old 03-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Facundo Aguilera

El Mié 07 Mar 2012 08:16:46 Eshat Cakar escribió:

> just read again what José wrote above.
> And since he did not write a mail yet, stay away from upgrading.
>
> Regards,
>
> Eshat

Not all KDE users read this list. Is there another way that all users can be informed about this recomendation before upgrading?

Old 03-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Valerio Passini

>Re: KDE SC 4.7.4 being uploaded to unstable
>Da:
>Facundo Aguilera <budinero@gmail.com> (re-inviato da debian-
>kde@lists.debian.org)
> A:
>debian-kde@lists.debian.org
> Data:
>Oggi 13:48:15

>El Mié 07 Mar 2012 08:16:46 Eshat Cakar escribió:

>> just read again what José wrote above.
>> And since he did not write a mail yet, stay away from upgrading.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Eshat
>

>Not all KDE users read this list. Is there another way that all users can be
>informed about this recomendation before upgrading?

IMHO it's not a good idea being on KDE/Debian/Experimental-Unstable and NOT
reading the kde-debian mailing list.

Valerio

Old 03-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Johannes Zarl

On Wednesday 07 March 2012 16:08:45 Valerio Passini wrote:
> >Not all KDE users read this list. Is there another way that all users can
> >be informed about this recomendation before upgrading?
>
> IMHO it's not a good idea being on KDE/Debian/Experimental-Unstable and NOT
> reading the kde-debian mailing list.

It might not be a good idea, but there is no advisory that people should read
any list, either:

http://www.debian.org/releases/sid/

Johannes