-   -   Crash-proofing the session state? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kde/633199-crash-proofing-session-state.html)

Michael Schuerig 02-15-2012 09:34 AM

Crash-proofing the session state?

This topic haunts me since I started using KDE 2 in the old days, but it
got me again today. Something crashed my notebook; something probably
completely unrelated to KDE. After rebooting, KDE dutifully restored the
last saved session. Which, in this case, was about 5 days old. Thanks to
sleep/suspend I finish my session only rarely.

In the past, I've tried to periodically save session state through
dcop/dbus, but it didn't work as hoped. The state was saved, apparently,
it was not picked up when restarting after a crash.

Is there any way to avoid losing session state? Apart from the obvious
and tedious one to restart the session regularly.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael@schuerig.de