-   -   Graphics System raster does not work (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kde/621163-graphics-system-raster-does-not-work.html)

Beojan Stanislaus 01-15-2012 11:04 AM

Graphics System raster does not work

I upgraded Qt to 4.8.0 from experimental, and found that applications using
the raster graphics system (e.g. Klickety) failed to render correctly, and
printed large numbers of BadDrawable X errors when started from Konsole.

I then downgraded to Qt 4.7.4 again, and found that this problem persisted.

In addition, with Qt 4.8.0, font rendering is much worse than before, and KDM
crashes upon starting, but these problems disappeared again after downgrading.

Josep Febrer 01-15-2012 03:47 PM

Graphics System raster does not work

A Diumenge, 15 de gener de 2012 13:04:48, Beojan Stanislaus va escriure:
> I upgraded Qt to 4.8.0 from experimental, and found that applications using
> the raster graphics system (e.g. Klickety) failed to render correctly, and
> printed large numbers of BadDrawable X errors when started from Konsole.
>
> I then downgraded to Qt 4.7.4 again, and found that this problem persisted.
>
> In addition, with Qt 4.8.0, font rendering is much worse than before, and
> KDM crashes upon starting, but these problems disappeared again after
> downgrading.

I'm also unsig Qt 4.8.0 from experimental and I don't have any of those
problems you mentioned.
I'm using Intel graphics driver on a SandyBridge processor.

Best regards,

Josep

Beojan Stanislaus 01-15-2012 04:28 PM

On Sunday 15 January 2012 16:47:03 Josep Febrer wrote:
> A Diumenge, 15 de gener de 2012 13:04:48, Beojan Stanislaus va escriure:
> > I upgraded Qt to 4.8.0 from experimental, and found that applications
> > using the raster graphics system (e.g. Klickety) failed to render
> > correctly, and printed large numbers of BadDrawable X errors when
> > started from Konsole.
> >
> > I then downgraded to Qt 4.7.4 again, and found that this problem
> > persisted.
> >
> > In addition, with Qt 4.8.0, font rendering is much worse than before, and
> > KDM crashes upon starting, but these problems disappeared again after
> > downgrading.
>
> I'm also unsig Qt 4.8.0 from experimental and I don't have any of those
> problems you mentioned.
> I'm using Intel graphics driver on a SandyBridge processor.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Josep

I'm using the ATI KMS driver on radeon HD4200 (mobile)

Marco Valli 01-15-2012 05:14 PM

In data domenica 15 gennaio 2012 13:04:48, Beojan Stanislaus ha scritto:
> I upgraded Qt to 4.8.0 from experimental, and found that applications
> using the raster graphics system (e.g. Klickety) failed to render
> correctly

No problem here with qt 4.8.0, KDE SC 4.7.4 and nvidia proprietary driver.
regards

--
Marco Valli

Martin Steigerwald 01-15-2012 06:15 PM

Am Sonntag, 15. Januar 2012 schrieb Josep Febrer:
> A Diumenge, 15 de gener de 2012 13:04:48, Beojan Stanislaus va escriure:
> > I upgraded Qt to 4.8.0 from experimental, and found that applications
> > using the raster graphics system (e.g. Klickety) failed to render
> > correctly, and printed large numbers of BadDrawable X errors when
> > started from Konsole.
> >
> > I then downgraded to Qt 4.7.4 again, and found that this problem
> > persisted.
> >
> > In addition, with Qt 4.8.0, font rendering is much worse than before,
> > and KDM crashes upon starting, but these problems disappeared again
> > after downgrading.
>
> I'm also unsig Qt 4.8.0 from experimental and I don't have any of those
> problems you mentioned.
> I'm using Intel graphics driver on a SandyBridge processor.

Same here, no issues on Intel Sandybridge beside the Qt4 unrelated SNA
refresh issues I reported at bugs.debian.org and bugs.freedesktop.orgš and
which should be fixed by next driver release.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/655017

Beojan Stanislaus 01-16-2012 02:26 PM

On Sunday 15 January 2012 12:04:48 Beojan Stanislaus wrote:
> I upgraded Qt to 4.8.0 from experimental, and found that applications using
> the raster graphics system (e.g. Klickety) failed to render correctly, and
> printed large numbers of BadDrawable X errors when started from Konsole.
>
> I then downgraded to Qt 4.7.4 again, and found that this problem persisted.
>
> In addition, with Qt 4.8.0, font rendering is much worse than before, and
> KDM crashes upon starting, but these problems disappeared again after
> downgrading.
I have tried booting with KMS off, forcing the software mesa driver, and I
still get the BadDrawable errors

NB: These errors are appearing with Qt 4.7.4 after downgrading from Qt 4.8.0.
This timing may be a coincidence.

Beojan Stanislaus 01-16-2012 02:34 PM

On Monday 16 January 2012 15:26:23 Beojan Stanislaus wrote:
> On Sunday 15 January 2012 12:04:48 Beojan Stanislaus wrote:
> > I upgraded Qt to 4.8.0 from experimental, and found that applications
> > using the raster graphics system (e.g. Klickety) failed to render
> > correctly, and printed large numbers of BadDrawable X errors when
> > started from Konsole.
> >
> > I then downgraded to Qt 4.7.4 again, and found that this problem
> > persisted.
> >
> > In addition, with Qt 4.8.0, font rendering is much worse than before, and
> > KDM crashes upon starting, but these problems disappeared again after
> > downgrading.
>
> I have tried booting with KMS off, forcing the software mesa driver, and I
> still get the BadDrawable errors
>
> NB: These errors are appearing with Qt 4.7.4 after downgrading from Qt
> 4.8.0. This timing may be a coincidence.
The problem has cleared up upon switching to the 3.2.0-rc7 kernel, leading me
to believe the bug was likely in the linux-next kernel