Old 12-29-2011, 03:38 PM
"Steffen Möller"

Default Pointer from www.kde.org/info/4.7.4.php to Debian missing

Hello,

I am a big fan of the 4.7.4 release to Debian. Have many thanks for this. What surprised me a bit is that it was so hard to find. It was only in reaction to a comment to a KDE 4.6 bug report of mine, indicating that this was fixed in a newer release than what I have in sid, that I started googling.

The KDE installation page
http://www.kde.org/info/4.7.4.php
lacks a pointer to
http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde47.html
The packages work so nicely, that I do not see why this information is not given. It would certainly help KDE's development and the perception of Debian.

I do not know if this link would have helped me, but it would help someone, I am sure. And someone of yours certainly knows whom to inform.

Many thanks for your work

Steffen

Old 12-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Martin Steigerwald

Am Donnerstag, 29. Dezember 2011 schrieb Steffen Möller:
> Hello,
>
> I am a big fan of the 4.7.4 release to Debian. Have many thanks for
> this. What surprised me a bit is that it was so hard to find. It was
> only in reaction to a comment to a KDE 4.6 bug report of mine,
> indicating that this was fixed in a newer release than what I have in
> sid, that I started googling.
>
> The KDE installation page
> http://www.kde.org/info/4.7.4.php
> lacks a pointer to
> http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde47.html
> The packages work so nicely, that I do not see why this information is
> not given. It would certainly help KDE's development and the
> perception of Debian.
>
> I do not know if this link would have helped me, but it would help
> someone, I am sure. And someone of yours certainly knows whom to
> inform.

I suggest forwarding / CC'ing this to the KDE webmasters as well - if the
Debian Qt/KDE developer team doesn´t object.

I certainly think that if someone uses Wheezy/Sid for a while its not such
a big step to upgrade to the experimental packages. And they are indeed
quite nice .

Thanks,

Old 12-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Eshat Cakar

Hi,

Am Thu, 29 Dec 2011 20:30:06 +0100
schrieb Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de>:

> I suggest forwarding / CC'ing this to the KDE webmasters as well - if
> the Debian Qt/KDE developer team doesn´t object.

No need for that. The KDE info page has already been updated.
And we will keep the page in mind for future packages.

Thanks for reporting.

--
eshat cakar
web: www.eshat.de gpg-id: 799B 95D5