Old 12-07-2011, 03:18 PM
José Manuel Santamaría Lema

Default KDE SC 4.7.2 uploaded to experimental

Hello,

yesterday we uploaded KDE SC 4.7.2 to experimental. We did it with mainly for
2 reasons: to pass the packages though the NEW queue[1] and to make sure that
the packages build in the architectures supported by Debian.

The packages in qt-kde.debian.net and the secondary mirror are just a copy of
the experimental packages .Therefore, right now, these packages are as official
as the packages in the Debian experimental repository, and you can file bugs
against them, it doesn't matter if your apt/aptitude/whatever downloaded the
packages from Debian experimental or qt-kde.debian.net. If you file bugs please
make sure that you are using the official version; you can easily check this,
for instance, with apt-show-versions.

Since some packages will need to go trough the NEW queue again for 4.7.4 (at
least kdesdk and kde-l10n will do, also kdesdk is failing to build in big
endian architectures) we might want to upload some bits of KDE SC uploaded
4.7.4 in the next few days.

With regarding to the things that will happen in the next few weeks:
We won't upload 4.7.2 to sid. We won't upload 4.7.3 at all. We will upload
4.7.4 to qt-kde.debian.net.

Cheers.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:01 PM
José Manuel Santamaría Lema

> for 2 reasons: to pass the packages though the NEW queue[1] and to make

I forgot the url:
[1]http://wiki.debian.org/NewQueue

Old 12-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Martin Steigerwald

Am Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2011 schrieb José Manuel SantamarÃ*a Lema:
> With regarding to the things that will happen in the next few weeks:
> We won't upload 4.7.2 to sid. We won't upload 4.7.3 at all. We will
> upload 4.7.4 to qt-kde.debian.net.

Thanks, José. I look forward to 4.7.4 as it should fix quite some bugs.

Whether KDEPIM of 4.7.4 will be good enough I don´t know. But there have
been lots of KMail related bug fixes for 4.7.4 alone and even previously:

Christophe Giboudeaux (krop): Is Kmail still being developed?
http://cgbdx.wordpress.com/2011/12/07/is-kmail-still-being-developed/

Anyways, I am quite happy with KDEPIM 4.4.5 in KDE SC 4.7.4 and thus can
easily wait…

Ciao,