Old 10-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Schrober

Default KDE 4.7 TODO wiki page

Hi,

I wanted to track the development of the Debian KDE 4.7 packages, but could
only find the wiki page for 4.6 at http://wiki.debian.org/KDE_4_6_Todo - Is
there anything similar for the KDE 4.7 packages?

Thanks

Old 10-23-2011, 12:20 AM
Torsten Grote

Hi,

I'm also interested this. Where is the current work on kde 4.7.x integration
in Debian being documented? If there's no documentation, where can I find some
info about its current status?

It looks like there is some activity in git [1]. What needs to be done to get
packages to experimental/unstable and how can people help?

Thanks,
Torsten

[1]
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-kde/kde-sc/kdebase-
workspace.git;a=summary
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-kde/kde-sc/kde4libs.git;a=summary

Old 10-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Eshat Cakar

Hi,

> Where is the current work on kde 4.7.x integration
> in Debian being documented?

The first place to see what's been worked on, is #debian-qt-kde.
But please do not keep back the team from working, by asking there
about the status.
We currently lack man power and are always happy, if people experienced
in packaging would like to help.

As you already found [1]: that's the place to see the code commits
(consider watching at all pkg-kde/kde-sc/* repositories).
However, they do not tell exactly, what's the status, since work also
includes building, packaging and testing.

> If there's no documentation, where can I find
> some info about its current status?

The status is "(few) people are working on it, and there's no ETA", so
same as /topic in #debian-kde. Please bear with the team, if it is not
possible to give an ETA, since it's just a handful of people currently
been working on packaging, and we depend on them having the time.

Best regards,

Eshat Cakar

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/

--
eshat cakar
web: www.eshat.de gpg-id: 799B 95D5

Old 10-23-2011, 05:04 PM
José Manuel Santamaría Lema

Eshat Cakar <info@eshat.de>
> The status is "(few) people are working on it, and there's no ETA", so
> same as /topic in #debian-kde. Please bear with the team, if it is not
> possible to give an ETA, since it's just a handful of people currently
> been working on packaging, and we depend on them having the time.

This isn't true. The reason for not having an ETA is the nature of the work
itself. Before doing the work, I don't know, for example, how many patches I
will have to refresh.