Old 10-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Harry Putnam

Default what is this panel?

I have been tinkering around with setting on a newly installed KDE
desktop and now I have an odd looking panel in lower right corner that
does not appear to be movable or amenable to showing any properties on
right/left click.

See the screen grab below:

Old 10-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Brad Rogers

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 07:32:59 -0500
Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:

Hello Harry,

> I have been tinkering around with setting on a newly installed KDE
> desktop and now I have an odd looking panel in lower right corner that
> does not appear to be movable or amenable to showing any properties on
> right/left click.

It's to do with "Notifications & Jobs". Click on the "i" in a circle,
which should be located just below the progress meter you're seeing, in
the taskbar.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Old 10-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Harry Putnam

Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> writes:

> On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 07:32:59 -0500
> Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Harry,
>
>> I have been tinkering around with setting on a newly installed KDE
>> desktop and now I have an odd looking panel in lower right corner that
>> does not appear to be movable or amenable to showing any properties on
>> right/left click.
>
> It's to do with "Notifications & Jobs". Click on the "i" in a circle,
> which should be located just below the progress meter you're seeing, in
> the taskbar.

Oh, thanks. Since I have the bottom panel set to hide unless I mouse
over it... I never say the circled I you mention. It was a hung up copy
job in Konqueror.

Thanks.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Brad Rogers

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 09:22:12 -0500
Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:

Hello Harry,

> Oh, thanks. Since I have the bottom panel set to hide unless I mouse
> over it... I never say the circled I you mention. It was a hung up

That explains it; I was puzzled that it wasn't easily sorted.

> Thanks.

YW.

--
Regards _