Old 09-16-2011, 06:04 AM
Qin Bo

Default Autodetect proxy not working in konqueror 4.4.5(KDE 4.4.5)

hey all:* *I had added in my DHCP server the following configuration options:* *option wpad code 252 = text;* *option wpad "http://172.16.0.83/wpad.dat";
I was testing from Debian squeeze 6.0.1 using konqueror 4.5.5 and in Settings ->Configure Konqueror -> Proxy category, I selected the option toautomatically detect proxy settings.
When I restart kdm, I use konqueror to open a URL, I get a notifications:"Could not find a usable proxy configuration script".I'm not seeing in the Apache logs any GET to wpad.dat files from konqueror.
Any idea?

--
Best Regards,

Qin Bo

Old 09-16-2011, 10:27 AM
"Estelmann, Christian"

Hi,

Try with a file named "wpad.pac" not .dat.
I remember that Opera and Konquerer expected a wpad.pac, other files were ignored - but it is a few years ago playing around with that.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:38 AM
Qin Bo

Try with a file named "wpad.pac" not .dat.

I remember that Opera and Konquerer expected a wpad.pac, other files were ignored - but it is a few years ago playing around with that.

*hi:* *I rename the "wpad.dat" to "wpad.pac" and modify "wpad.dat" to "wpad.pac" in /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf, and restart*isc-dhcp-server
the problem still*reproduce. And I still can't see Apache logs GET *wpad.pac file from konqueror.* *I saw a similar bug from ubuntu, I don't know whether it backport to debian already*https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kde4libs/+bug/201640

--
Best Regards,

Qin Bo