-   -   k4dirstat -- graphical disk usage display with cleanup facilities (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-kde/574834-k4dirstat-graphical-disk-usage-display-cleanup-facilities.html)

"Steve M. Robbins" 09-13-2011 01:49 AM

k4dirstat -- graphical disk usage display with cleanup facilities

Ritesh,

You said:

But this functionality is already available in Konqueror. Is
there anything extra that kdirstat provides?

I don't use Konqueror. Can you explain how to produce the sortable
tree view of k4dirstat? It wasn't immediately obvious to me.

Thanks,
-Steve

Ritesh Raj Sarraf 09-13-2011 11:29 AM

On 09/13/2011 07:19 AM, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> Ritesh,
>
> You said:
>
> But this functionality is already available in Konqueror. Is
> there anything extra that kdirstat provides?
>
> I don't use Konqueror. Can you explain how to produce the sortable
> tree view of k4dirstat? It wasn't immediately obvious to me.
>
> Thanks,
> -Steve

It is not an exact equivalent of k4dirstat but something similar.

You can access it in Konqueror.

* Open Konqueror and access your home folder. This will open the File
Browser interface.
* View => View Mode => File Size View.

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT - http://www.researchut.com

Martin Steigerwald 09-13-2011 07:48 PM

Am Dienstag, 13. September 2011 schrieb Ritesh Raj Sarraf:
> On 09/13/2011 07:19 AM, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> > Ritesh,
> >
> > You said:
> > But this functionality is already available in Konqueror. Is
> > there anything extra that kdirstat provides?
> >
> > I don't use Konqueror. Can you explain how to produce the sortable
> > tree view of k4dirstat? It wasn't immediately obvious to me.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Steve
>
> It is not an exact equivalent of k4dirstat but something similar.
>
> You can access it in Konqueror.
>
> * Open Konqueror and access your home folder. This will open the File
> Browser interface.
> * View => View Mode => File Size View.

filelight is another alternative.

"Steve M. Robbins" 09-14-2011 02:04 AM

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 04:59:43PM +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> On 09/13/2011 07:19 AM, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> > Ritesh,
> >
> > You said:
> >
> > But this functionality is already available in Konqueror. Is
> > there anything extra that kdirstat provides?
> >
> > I don't use Konqueror. Can you explain how to produce the sortable
> > tree view of k4dirstat? It wasn't immediately obvious to me.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Steve
> >
> It is not an exact equivalent of k4dirstat but something similar.
>
> You can access it in Konqueror.
>
> * Open Konqueror and access your home folder. This will open the File
> Browser interface.
> * View => View Mode => File Size View.

Oddly, my version of Konqueror (4.6.5) does not offer that View Mode.
I do have "Details" but that only shows one level of the file system.

In any event, since it isn't an exact equivalent, that is
reason enough to have k4dirstat in Debian, IMHO.

Regards,
-Steve

Martin Steigerwald 09-14-2011 04:58 PM

Am Mittwoch, 14. September 2011 schrieb Steve M. Robbins:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 04:59:43PM +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> > On 09/13/2011 07:19 AM, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> > > Ritesh,
> > >
> > > You said:
> > > But this functionality is already available in Konqueror. Is
> > > there anything extra that kdirstat provides?
> > >
> > > I don't use Konqueror. Can you explain how to produce the sortable
> > > tree view of k4dirstat? It wasn't immediately obvious to me.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > -Steve
> >
> > It is not an exact equivalent of k4dirstat but something similar.
> >
> > You can access it in Konqueror.
> >
> > * Open Konqueror and access your home folder. This will open the File
> > Browser interface.
> > * View => View Mode => File Size View.
>
> Oddly, my version of Konqueror (4.6.5) does not offer that View Mode.
> I do have "Details" but that only shows one level of the file system.
>
> In any event, since it isn't an exact equivalent, that is
> reason enough to have k4dirstat in Debian, IMHO.

I think you need

merkaba:~> dpkg -S /usr/bin/fsview
konq-plugins: /usr/bin/fsview

for that.