Old 09-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Rainer Dorsch

Default KDE system default configuration

Am Wednesday, 7. September 2011 schrieb Matteo Semplice:
> Dear everybody,
> I am upgrading my Debian installation at home and I have a couple of
> KDE4-related questions.
>
> 1) I would like to migrate to the desktop the KDE configuration that I have
> tweaked to my needs on my laptop (background, window behaviour, panels,
> side bars, daemons, etc). What is the best way to achieve it? aka, what
> files do I need to copy?

I assume you are upgrading from Lenny to Squeeze. Have a look at kaboom. It
should at least do most you are looking for (for each user at first login).

Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch
http://bokomoko.de/

Old 09-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Xavier Brochard

Matteo Semplice wrote:
> 2) Is there a way to make the above custom configuration the default for
> any new user on the desktop?

copy the config files into /etc/kde4
have a look at Kiosk documentation for restriction to apply and variables to
use. See http://techbase.kde.org/SysAdmin for documentation on Kiosk,
variables and config files.

xavier