Old 09-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Xavier Brochard

Default install kdetheme for all users

Hello

How can I install a kdetheme globally (i.e. for all users)?
I've tried to put it in /usr/local/share/kde4/apps/desktoptheme/ but it does
nothing. Suppose I need to update a path somewhere, but ...

Any idea?

xavier

Old 09-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Kevin Krammer

On Tuesday, 2011-09-06, Xavier Brochard wrote:
> Hello
>
> How can I install a kdetheme globally (i.e. for all users)?
> I've tried to put it in /usr/local/share/kde4/apps/desktoptheme/ but it
> does nothing. Suppose I need to update a path somewhere, but ...
>
> Any idea?

apps/something looks like a KDE data path

try /usr/local/share/apps/desktoptheme

(/usr/local/share/apps is part of the output I get from kde4-config --path
data)

Cheers,
Kevin

Old 09-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Xavier Brochard

Hi,
I'm trying to install a plasma theme.
Your path is for kdm themes only.

Thanks for your answer, anyway.

Le mardi 6 septembre 2011 08:19:52, Petr Vorel écrivait :
> Hi,
> the path is /usr/local/share/kde4/apps/kdm/themes,
> although, what theme are you exactly talking about?
>
> Petr
>
> On 6 September 2011 01:41, Xavier Brochard <xavier@alternatif.org> wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > How can I install a kdetheme globally (i.e. for all users)?
> > I've tried to put it in /usr/local/share/kde4/apps/desktoptheme/ but it
> > does
> > nothing. Suppose I need to update a path somewhere, but ...
> >
> > Any idea?

Xavier
xavier@alternatif.org - 06 29 23 16 59

Old 09-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Xavier Brochard

Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2011-09-06, Xavier Brochard wrote:
>> How can I install a kdetheme globally (i.e. for all users)?
>> I've tried to put it in /usr/local/share/kde4/apps/desktoptheme/ but it
>> does nothing. Suppose I need to update a path somewhere, but ...
> apps/something looks like a KDE data path
>
> try /usr/local/share/apps/desktoptheme
>
> (/usr/local/share/apps is part of the output I get from kde4-config --path
> data)

/usr/local is not on the path from kde4-config
but I'm not sure that kde4-config is the right tool to find path of desktop
theme because kde4-config --types output doens't contain themes or styles.

Where am I suppose to add something in the path for desktop themes?

xavier

Old 09-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Kevin Krammer

On Tuesday, 2011-09-06, Xavier Brochard wrote:
> Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 2011-09-06, Xavier Brochard wrote:
> >> How can I install a kdetheme globally (i.e. for all users)?
> >> I've tried to put it in /usr/local/share/kde4/apps/desktoptheme/ but it
> >> does nothing. Suppose I need to update a path somewhere, but ...
> >
> > apps/something looks like a KDE data path
> >
> > try /usr/local/share/apps/desktoptheme
> >
> > (/usr/local/share/apps is part of the output I get from kde4-config
> > --path data)
>
> /usr/local is not on the path from kde4-config
> but I'm not sure that kde4-config is the right tool to find path of desktop
> theme because kde4-config --types output doens't contain themes or styles.

kde4-config types are the different types of location KDE apps can use for
different forms of data/files.

But those are base paths, the actual files are usually in subdirectories
decided upon by the apps.

and /usr/share/kde4/desktopthemes looks like kde-data-path/desktopthemes.

If /usr/local is not part of your search list, you could set $KDEDIRS so that
it contains /usr/local:/usr

Cheers,
Kevin

Old 09-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Xavier Brochard

Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2011-09-06, Xavier Brochard wrote:
>> Kevin Krammer wrote:
>> >
>> > apps/something looks like a KDE data path
>> >
>> > try /usr/local/share/apps/desktoptheme
>> >
>> > (/usr/local/share/apps is part of the output I get from kde4-config
>> > --path data)
>>
>> /usr/local is not on the path from kde4-config
>> but I'm not sure that kde4-config is the right tool to find path of
>> desktop theme because kde4-config --types output doens't contain themes
>> or styles.
>
> kde4-config types are the different types of location KDE apps can use for
> different forms of data/files.
>
> But those are base paths, the actual files are usually in subdirectories
> decided upon by the apps.
>
> and /usr/share/kde4/desktopthemes looks like kde-data-path/desktopthemes.
>
> If /usr/local is not part of your search list, you could set $KDEDIRS so
> that it contains /usr/local:/usr

Oh yes KDEDIRS! sometimes I forget the easiest things! :-)
thanks.
xavier