Old 08-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Joao Roscoe

Default Can't find brazilian ABNT2 keyboard layout configuration in KDE4 - squeeze (SOLVED)

Your comment gave an idea: I took a look at another squeeze box I have
(I installed squeeze in this one myself). In this other machine, the
keyboard is working properly, ***and***:

1. Keyboard layouts is disabled in systemsettings;
2. There's no xorg.conf at all.

So I did a little more research and found a locale issue - my personal
profile was enforcing LANG=C, very old stuff. I removed that, and now,
with en_US.UTF-8, everything works (proper keymap both in X and in
console).

Best regards,
Joo

Old 08-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Diggory Hardy

Glad to hear it worked.
FYI, xorg.conf settings are now auto-detected or configured elsewhere, with the exception of video driver config. Keyboard configuration can be found in /etc/default/keyboard.

- Diggory