Old 08-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Dietz Pröpper

Default Once again - akonadi google calendar sync

Hi,

has anyone recently been able to get the google calendar agent to run
reliable on unstable?

Mine gets stuck while trying to synchronize, on 9 of 10 tries, which
renders it completely unuseable.

Any ideas?

Thx alot,
Dietz

Old 08-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Bjoern Franke

Am Dienstag, 16. August 2011, 22:14:37 schrieb Dietz Pröpper:
> Hi,
>
> has anyone recently been able to get the google calendar agent to run
> reliable on unstable?
>
> Mine gets stuck while trying to synchronize, on 9 of 10 tries, which
> renders it completely unuseable.

Does google calender support caldav or sth like that?

regards
Bjoern
--
jabber: bjo@schafweide.org
bjo.nord-west.org | nord-west.org | freifunk-ol.de

Old 08-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Andreas Cord-Landwehr

On Wednesday 17 August 2011 15:04:20 Bjoern Franke wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 16. August 2011, 22:14:37 schrieb Dietz Pröpper:
> > Hi,
> >
> > has anyone recently been able to get the google calendar agent to run
> > reliable on unstable?
> >
> > Mine gets stuck while trying to synchronize, on 9 of 10 tries, which
> > renders it completely unuseable.
>

> Does google calender support caldav or sth like that?

Hi, you can use DAVical with the following path:

https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[ your Google Calendar ID ]/events

If you want to access your primary calendar/if you have only one calendar, you can plug in your google mail address. Also for user name you have to use your google mail address (with the whole address [username]@googlemail.com).

Greetings,
Andreas

PS: afaik for the DAVical resource you need KDEPIM >= 4.6

Old 08-21-2011, 01:50 AM
Vincent Frison

On Wednesday 17 August 2011 at 15:25:59, Andreas Cord-Landwehr wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 August 2011 15:04:20 Bjoern Franke wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 16. August 2011, 22:14:37 schrieb Dietz Pröpper:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > has anyone recently been able to get the google calendar agent to run
> > > reliable on unstable?
> > >
> > > Mine gets stuck while trying to synchronize, on 9 of 10 tries, which
> > > renders it completely unuseable.
> >
> > Does google calender support caldav or sth like that?
>
> Hi, you can use DAVical with the following path:
>
> https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[ your Google Calendar ID ]/events
>
> If you want to access your primary calendar/if you have only one calendar,
> you can plug in your google mail address. Also for user name you have to
> use your google mail address (with the whole address
> [username]@googlemail.com).
>
> Greetings,
> Andreas
>
> PS: afaik for the DAVical resource you need KDEPIM >= 4.6

Same problem as Dietz here !

Akonadi gcal ressource synchronization seems to work only the first time, when the gcal agent is just
created.

I can see google events in korganizer but when I modify calendar (from the google website) there's
no updates in korganizer. And when I try to sync manually with akonadiconsole and it freezes.

About the CalDAV I'm confused :

- DAViCal seems to be a CalDAV server, but here we need a CalDAV client right ?

- Altough I'm under KDE 4.6.5 I can't see any CalDAV client in the Akonadi agents list...

- Why a dedicated Google Calendar agent exists for Akanodi since generic CalDAV client agent coud do
the same work (but not only for Google servers) ?

Thanks for your help,

Vincent.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:14 AM
Dietz Pröpper

Vincent Frison:
> On Wednesday 17 August 2011 at 15:25:59, Andreas Cord-Landwehr wrote:
> > If you want to access your primary calendar/if you have only one
> > calendar, you can plug in your google mail address. Also for user
> > name you have to use your google mail address (with the whole address
> > [username]@googlemail.com).

Umm, that's another ugly hack imho. And I assumes it does not cope with the
tiny differences, i.e. reminder settings.

> > PS: afaik for the DAVical resource you need KDEPIM >= 4.6
>
> Same problem as Dietz here !
>
> Akonadi gcal ressource synchronization seems to work only the first
> time, when the gcal agent is just created.
>
> I can see google events in korganizer but when I modify calendar (from
> the google website) there's no updates in korganizer. And when I try to
> sync manually with akonadiconsole and it freezes.

And the only way to revive it is to delete the agent and create a new one.

> About the CalDAV I'm confused :
>
> - DAViCal seems to be a CalDAV server, but here we need a CalDAV client
> right ?
>
> - Altough I'm under KDE 4.6.5 I can't see any CalDAV client in the
> Akonadi agents list...

My kdepim is from the 4.4 clan, and it is the one from unstable. If andreas
is right, that might be an explanation.

> - Why a dedicated Google Calendar agent exists for Akanodi since generic
> CalDAV client agent coud do the same work (but not only for Google
> servers) ?

Good question ;-).