Old 08-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Andrea Calia

Default KDE 4.7 on testing

Hello to everyone,
this is my first message on a mailing list (I hope to do not make mistakes). I would like to know when KDE 4.7 will be available on Debian Testing repository

Thanks for the attention,
Andrea

Old 08-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Alejandro Exojo

El Viernes, 5 de Agosto de 2011, Andrea Calia escribió:
> Hello to everyone,
> this is my first message on a mailing list (I hope to do not make
> mistakes). I would like to know when KDE 4.7 will be available on Debian
> Testing repository

Hello Andrea.

Unfortunately, is impossible to know for sure. First, developers will work on
their spare time to make 4.7 packages (so depends on the amount of time and
the difficulties they find). Those packages probably will go first to their
repository, because uploading directly to the Debian repos will suffer delays
if there are packages with new names.

Then the packages will come to Debian unstable, and will pass through the
usual process: if there are no release-critical bugs in 10 days, the packages
will slide to testing.

So, a guess is that maybe you will have to wait some months, unless they say
that the packages on their repository will be compatible with testing.

Regards.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2

Old 08-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Andrea Calia

Thanks for the reply.
I will try install debian testing with KDE 4.6 for now, while the packages are in
development.

PS: To answere to all the list I have to use "Answere to all"? I'm using the gmail

webclient. (With this command the list debian-kde is in CC)
Thanks you very much

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/201108051558.27844.suy@badopi.org

Old 08-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer

On Vie 05 Ago 2011 14:10:04 Andrea Calia escribió:
> Thanks for the reply.
> I will try install debian testing with KDE 4.6 for now, while the packages
> are in
> development.

Please go ahead with them :-)

> PS: To answere to all the list I have to use "Answere to all"? I'm using
> the gmail
> webclient. (With this command the list debian-kde is in CC)

No, you just need to reply to the list's mail.

> Thanks you very much

You are welcomed

--
You are the Doc, Doc!
Marty McFly To Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future III

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/

Old 09-26-2011, 10:18 PM
James Spencer

Without any need for a 'etched in stone' ETA, how is the packaging of KDE 4.7
progressing, and are there any broad notions about when it may turn up in
Unstable? Just a curious and happy Debian / KDE user... Many thanks for any
info provided.

_James

Old 09-27-2011, 07:49 AM
Hrvoje Senjan

On Pon 26 rujna 2011. 18:18:57 James Spencer wrote:
> Without any need for a 'etched in stone' ETA, how is the packaging of KDE
> 4.7 progressing, and are there any broad notions about when it may turn
up
> in Unstable? Just a curious and happy Debian / KDE user... Many thanks
for
> any info provided.
>
> _James

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-kde/kde-
sc/kde4libs.git;a=summary

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-kde/kde-sc/kdebase-
workspace.git;a=summary

Old 09-27-2011, 05:31 PM
James Spencer

Oh, thanks. Not exactly a verbose .plan or a blog post, but at least I can
kind of follow the bouncing ball...