Old 07-22-2011, 06:11 AM
Mark Charles

Default Howto create dummy user for kdm greeter

For remote maintenance purposes I want to add a default user called
"fixme" with no password to the system.

If the remote user has problems with their computer they should be able
to press Enter and "fixme" will login and run a script connecting the
machine to the internet and send me the IP address in an email.

As "fixme" has no password I don't want them to have a desktop... how do
I do this??
I'd also prefer they don't have a home directory - is that possible??
How can I setup fixme's login to just run my script??

Thanks in advance