Old 07-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Alan Ezust

Default KDE window decorations around Java modal dialogs incorrectly show "minimize" button.

Just wondering, i am using jEdit with debian KDE 4.6.3 (and confirmed in 4.6.5 also w/ kubuntu) that
when jEdit lets desktop draw the window borders (make sure under global options - appearance that
the two checkboxes "draw using swing look and feel" are un-checked).

then you can pop up the global options dialog, and see a minimize button.

This minimize button does not show up under gnome, or windows. But it does in KDE
(using QtCurve widget style, Pastik theme).

I think this is a KDE or Java bug but I don't know what package to report it against. Any suggestions?

Incidentally clicking the minimize button makes it disappear but i can't bring it back very easily.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Kevin Krammer

On Thursday, 2011-07-14, Alan Ezust wrote:
> Just wondering, i am using jEdit with debian KDE 4.6.3 (and confirmed in
> 4.6.5 also w/ kubuntu) that
> when jEdit lets desktop draw the window borders (make sure under global
> options - appearance that
> the two checkboxes "draw using swing look and feel" are un-checked).
> then you can pop up the global options dialog, and see a minimize button.
>
> This minimize button does not show up under gnome, or windows. But it does
> in KDE
> (using QtCurve widget style, Pastik theme).

Could you check with a different window decoration?
(Systemsettings -> Workspace appearance -> Window decoration)

Cheers,
Kevin

Old 07-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Kevin Krammer