Old 06-18-2011, 03:03 PM
"Manuel E. Gutierrez"

Default KDE 4.6 on wheezy has no desktop effects

Hello.

With some recenty upgrades Xorg can't find my video driver and KDE has loosed the desktop effects.

You can fix it temporarily by doing this, changing "i915" by any other driver your pc use.

ln -s /usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/i915_dri.so

It helps reading the Xorg log.

cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep error

If anybody here is related with the Xorg team/list would be great if you could report to them.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Kevin Krammer

On Saturday, 2011-06-18, Manuel E. Gutierrez wrote:
> Hello.
>
> With some recenty upgrades Xorg can't find my video driver and KDE has
> loosed the desktop effects.
>
> You can fix it temporarily by doing this, changing "i915" by any other
> driver your pc use.
>
> ln -s /usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/i915_dri.so
>
> It helps reading the Xorg log.
>
> cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep error
>
> If anybody here is related with the Xorg team/list would be great if you
> could report to them.

If I understood this [1] correctly then this should be just a transitional
problem.

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] http://blog.mraw.org/2011/06/18/mesa_a_disturbance_in_the_Force/

Old 06-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Sune Vuorela

On 2011-06-18, Manuel E. Gutierrez <megutierrez@uci.cu> wrote:
> ln -s /usr/lib/dri/i915_dri.so /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/i915_dri.so

This is bad advice. please don't do this.

It is a issue that will be fixed.

/Sune

Old 06-24-2011, 04:21 AM
Terror Pine

On 2011-06-19, Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> wrote:

> It is a issue that will be fixed.

Is there a debian bug report for this? If not, should there be (or are
we all waiting till the Mesa fix makes it through unstable)?

Pinet